What does inland fishing mean
What does a fish owner do?
Water is their element
Fish hosts work on lakes, rivers, ponds, circulatory systems and the high seas. It is a profession with a long tradition. It requires very independent work in nature - whatever the weather and often with irregular working hours.
The profession of fish keeper can be learned in two different fields. A distinction is made between Aquaculture and inland fisheries as Inshore and small deep-sea fishing.
Aquaculture and inland fisheries
This specialization includes the management and use of ponds, lakes, rivers and circulation systems.
In pond management, the fish farmer deals with the breeding, rearing and keeping of farm fish, mainly trout species (e.g. rainbow trout), in ponds. He ensures a healthy fish population through correct feeding, fishing and repelling fish enemies, but also the maintenance and care of the pond systems. In addition, the processing of the fish such as B. filleting and smoking as well as the marketing of the fishing products are part of the tasks of the fish keeper.
In addition to the ponds, natural waters are also used for fishing, i.e. rivers and lakes. Here, the most important tasks of the fish farmer include the examination, assessment and monitoring of the fishing waters, the maintenance of the fish population, but also the manufacture, maintenance and use of fishing gear as well as the operation and care of the fishing vessels.
In recent times, the location-independent aquaculture, which aims at optimal water use through the use of circulatory systems, has also gained a certain importance.
Inshore fishing and small deep-sea fishing (not in NRW)
Fish owners specializing in coastal fishing and small-scale deep-sea fishing catch fish, mussels and crabs on the high seas. They then process the captured animals on board and market them in the ports. The training is strongly nautical-oriented and includes, in addition to fishery-biological aspects, in-depth knowledge of navigation, meteorology and shipping law.
Training - this is how it works!
- Entry requirements - no specific school education is legally required. The training companies predominantly employ trainees with an intermediate level of education.
- Company and vocational school - training takes place for 3 years in the dual system. A shortening of the training to 2 years is possible after completing vocational training or with a (technical) university entrance qualification Learn more
Training content according to the regulation on vocational training
You have to bring along personally ...
- Interest in fish, water and nature
- good powers of observation
- business understanding
- customer focus
- good health and physical fitness
- Insensitivity to weathering
- Sense of responsibility and reliability
- Ability to work in a team
... and the remuneration?
According to the collective agreement, the appropriate gross remuneration for trainees is:
|from 08/01/2018||from 08/01/2019|
|1st year of training||670,00 €||690,00 €|
|2nd year of training||720,00 €||740,00 €|
|3rd year of training||770,00 €||790,00 €|
For two-year training, the rates for the second and third year of training apply.
Vocational school location
Locations during and after the training
- ... in trout and fish farming or lake and river fishing companies
- ... in state offices for nature, the environment and consumer protection
- ... in fishing associations
Fischwirt / in - the end of the flagpole? Further training opportunities and studies
- Master of Fish Management
- Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) - Master of Science (MSc.)
- Advanced training
More information ...
- What are the signs of tooth decay
- West Virginia was a slave state
- What is it like to use Gucci products
- When will afmc release its cutoff marks
- How ailerons create a rolling moment
- Have you ever named a pet posthumously
- What is a UART driver
- Makes eating honey fat
- What is incubated at Microsoft Ventures
- How did the Navajo use their food
- What is the dark web wiki
- Do you like cartoons
- What is a Mueller-Lyer illusion
- How is the software industry in Vietnam
- How can I become a computer technician
- Does mercury affect the ascendant
- What is a Sinsta Account
- Was partition good or bad for India
- Why should you choose an MBA?
- Watch the weather forecast
- Can we cure computers?
- Is sales more important than profit
- What is a thermodynamic function
- What purpose do the steel doors serve?