Python loses its popularity
Python is the programming language of 2020
According to the operators of the monthly Tiobe Community Index, Python is the programming language of the year 2020. The title goes to the programming language that has gained the most popularity over the past year. Python has improved its rating by 2.01 percent. This is followed by C ++ with an improvement of 1.99 percent, C with 1.66 percent, Groovy with 1.23 percent and R with 1.10 percent, according to Tiobe in a press release.
The Tiobe Programming Community Index is designed to measure the popularity of programming languages. The ranking is not about the best or most widely used programming language. The index is updated monthly and is based on the number of qualified engineers worldwide, courses and third-party providers. In addition, popular search engines such as Google, Bing, Yahoo, Wikipedia, Amazon, Youtube and Baidu are used to calculate the ratings.
According to Tiobe, python is popping up everywhere right now. The programming language was once started as a competitor to Perl to enable system administrators to write scripts. It is now the most popular language in machine learning and data science. It is also used for web development and back-end programming, according to the award declaration. According to Tiobe, Python is growing in popularity because the language is easy to learn and is highly productive. These two properties are key in a world that calls for more developers in all fields.
ThedevelopmentofIndexesabovetheYears. For the "Programming Language of the Year" award, only the development within one year is significant.(Source:Tiobe)
Java is losing popularity
In contrast to Python, Java has lost a lot of popularity at 4.93 percent. Despite this loss, Java remained the second most popular programming language after C, which received a rating of 17.38 percent. But soon Java should lose this position to Python. This has already happened in some monthly rankings this year, according to Tiobe.
The rise of R and Groovy into the top ten is also highlighted. R rose from position 18 to 9 and Groovy from 23 to 10. The programming language Julia is a candidate for the top 20 in 2021. It rose from position 47 to 23 this year.
Ranking with limited informative value
According to "Heise.de", regular analyzes such as the Tiobe Programming Community Index should always be critically scrutinized. The exact procedure is documented here by Tiobe.
"Heise" also names the programming languages of the past few years. In the Tiobe ranking, the languages C in 2019, Python in 2018 and again C in 2017 were most recently named programming language of the year.
- Is the word Real Men sexist
- Is it legal to use copyrighted music?
- What is 10 10 10 14
- Which brand is better Revlon or Maybelline
- Which cells divide and why
- Why choose a camera tripod
- Why do weak executives create complexity
- Is god proud
- Is concrete a homogeneous mix
- Which is better Amrita Bangalore or Amritapuri
- What does a BMI tell us
- What is your approach to a happy life
- Why was the Indus Waters Treaty signed
- Do you believe in rock n roll
- Who discovered the medicinal uses of plants
- What is enthalpy of steam
- What are good recipes with soy pieces
- What is neon
- How do you say to try your hand at French
- How many doctors love their job
- Why do baby sharks eat each other
- Why are people so easily misled?
- Where can I find or download QBasic
- What is spatial retrieval
- What is the worst hotel in Tangier
- What happened to Batman's buddy Robin
- Is the name NATO protected and protected
- Who was the father of Maneka Gandhi
- Forum Prelim's test series is good
- What is the 25th change
- Why don't lunges hurt my knees
- How was the University of South Carolina founded
- What is your current thought about the relationship
- What are the differences in emphasis