We can do it after the 10th website design
“We want the website to be relaunched, preferably yesterday. Where do we start? ”- The 10-step plan
7. Redesign: What should the new website look like?
User behavior and taste are changing rapidly in the digital age. Up-to-date web design is therefore a must: It makes the user curious and invites them to stay. Clean web design, for example, transports the page content at a glance and also plays a role for the corporate identity. The design is always based on the content and structure of the website and not the other way around - a perfectly designed page without content brings just as little in a relaunch as thousands of content without an appealing design.
The website not only has to look aesthetically pleasing, it also has to work: In 2018, 68% of all page views in Germany were on a mobile device, less than a third on desktop devices (source: Initiative D21 / Statista). Responsive design is required here: the website is displayed optimally on all devices and browsers.
8. SEO: How is the new website found on the Internet?
A relaunch is of no use if nobody sees it. Even the second search results page from Google is usually "lost". Depending on the source, fewer or much less than 1% of all users click on this second search results page at all. If you want organic traffic, you have to appear on the first search results page, in digital slang: "Search Engine Result Page" ("SERP").
SEO (Search Engine Optimization), in German "Search Engine Optimization", has meanwhile become an independent business field for agencies. The aim is that your own website is displayed in the first search results. Google “reads” the content and structures of the websites offered according to known HTML standards and specifications. In order for your own site to be listed positively, it must adhere to these guidelines. During a relaunch, SEO can on the one hand affect technical components such as the internal link structure or tags. On the other hand, the content of a website can also be optimized: Relevant keywords make the content “relevant” for Google, the website is ranked better and the user finds it faster.
But beware! Google detects manipulation. For example, if the content is peppered with too many keywords, the search engine quickly punishes it as spam. Many older SEO strategies, such as a certain keyword density or a large number of short, actually empty detail pages that were built solely for one keyword, are no longer effective. The EAT update (August 2018) from Google relies more than ever before on content that conveys serious information, is trustworthy and was written in a comprehensible manner by an expert.
List them so that the most popular or important content and detail pages can be found even faster after your relaunch. Create new pages for this content within your website structure and redirect the old addresses to them (301 redirect). So you don't have to start your Google ranking from scratch. The website becomes a strong sales portal - better than cold calling or address lists.
9. Technical concept: does it even work?
The content, the design and the technical implementation are fixed. The only question left is: is that even possible?
Before the relaunch begins, it must be clear whether the planned website is technically feasible.
Can it be expanded if new content is added regularly? Which CMS meets the planned requirements? Can updates be implemented without problems? Does the layout adapt to technical changes? The digital product itself must be as dynamic as the digital age. A modular structure of the website, which can be continuously expanded, makes sense (as is possible in TYPO3, for example). Those who plan the technical implementation of the relaunch precisely from the start can avoid subsequent stress and additional work.
10. The script: Have we thought of everything now?
The script records all the planned measures for the relaunch: the structural plan of the website, all content, design and technical aspects. It makes sense to define the individual project phases with all duties and expenses in order to keep an overview in the event of problems. Because every observed (progress) step is documented, the script serves as an orientation for a successful relaunch.
- Which song gives you an unearthly feeling
- What are some inspirational animes
- Why do tattoos and piercings affect employment?
- What are examples of computer science projects
- What do most people fail to understand about debt
- How healthy is licorice
- Why do testosterone levels drop
- Is ios better than Windows for PC
- Why do you eat wheat badly?
- What kind of a movie TV show is that
- What business is money in 2017
- What is Tiger Woods Golf Handicap
- Who really invented Google's search algorithm?
- Where can I buy Dragon Skin Armor
- How can you be a better footballer
- Can Gokshura be taken with finasteride
- Who is the father of analog computers
- How is globalization killing Filipino culture
- Who did Ed Sheeran get married to
- Which website offers event information
- Which god or goddess do you worship
- What is the smallest rebreather
- Which films do you think are pointless remakes?
- Passive reading improves your spelling
- What is it like to be a slave
- What is the tactical importance of Tatooine
- What did Nicolas Cole study in college
- What is worm pit
- What are some things impossible to measure
- Coins will ever run out of currency
- How is FIITJEE Thane
- Benzocaine is cocaine