How can we get rid of crime in society?
No to the death penalty - ten reasons to abolish it
How many times have you heard the claim that the death penalty is a powerful deterrent? Or would the death penalty lower the crime rate? There is no evidence for theses like this. On the contrary: executions reduce respect for human life and make societies more prone to violence.
So that you are prepared for the next discussion, we have put together the ten most important arguments for the abolition of the death penalty:
The death penalty violates the right to life, liberty and security of the person.
The death penalty is irreversible. The danger of executing an innocent person is far too great.
A state cannot put itself on the same level as murderers.
Death sentences hit people in poverty or ethnic and religious minorities more than the average.
Executions are cruel and degrading. They lower the respect for human life.
The death penalty does not make the world a safer place. It does not deter offenders from crimes.
The execution of the perpetrators does not bring the victims back to life.
The death penalty prevents any chance of rehabilitation for a criminal.
Many families of murder victims also oppose the death penalty because it does not heal the pain of loss.
- The death penalty does not address the root causes of crime.
Further arguments and detailed information can be found on the website of the "Coordination Group Against the Death Penalty" of the German Amnesty Section:
Arguments for and against the death penalty / summary (PDF)
Arguments for and against the death penalty / detailed (PDF)
- Which are some unknown indie bands
- Can anything technically be considered a business?
- What are some uses of infrared light
- How does interest in credit cards work
- Why should a mentor
- Is happiness a pronoun?
- How can I prevent mental laziness
- Solar energy for residential buildings
- What is free software for geotechnics
- How to get famous on Instagram 1
- Can we use cell phones during a flight?
- How to Draw Equations in Matlab
- What are the requirements for learning cryptography
- What is Bismarck's State Socialism
- Should Luxottica be dissolved
- How long are the USPS routes running
- Why are codons needed
- Should we download binaural beats from YouTube
- Which is the best NCC
- What's your favorite car 2
- Corruption is an integral part of the human constitution
- Why haven't you sold 99designs yet?
- What slider did this website use Mullen com
- Gal Gadot is overwhelmed
- How can I cancel my SBI account
- What is the unit measurement of wind
- What is the order to watch Twilight
- Why is college unfairly expensive
- Has anyone actually won tic tac toe?
- Which neighborhood is called the 212
- What is famous website for Shayari Ghazal
- Who sings the song Love Me Anyway
- What you learned from rap