How did Kilimanjaro come about
Kilimanjaro (also: Kilimanjaro) is located in the northeast of Tanzania on the border with Kenya and, at almost 6000 meters, is not only the highest mountain in Africa but also one of the highest freestanding mountains in the world.
Kilimanjaro has three extinct volcanic peaks. The Kibo or Uhuru Peak is the main crater. It has a height of 5895 meters and its peaks are glaciated. The Mawensi has an altitude of 5270 meters, and the Shira has an altitude of 4000 meters.
The Kilimanjaro massif, protected as a national park, is a UNESCO World Heritage Site and is of volcanic origin.
In this area, the African and East African plates have separated and drifted apart for millions of years. They form the East African Rift, which, according to geologists, will expand into a new ocean in the distant future. At the edge of this trench, magma flows out of the earth's interior and creates volcanoes.
Kilimanjaro was already mentioned in antiquity (around 100 BC) by the geographer and astronomer Ptolemy as a snow-covered mountain near the sources of the Nile.
Around 1850, the researcher Rebmann discovered Kilimanjaro with its snow-capped peak in the middle of Africa. But British geographic society did not believe him at the time.
The first ascent of Kilimanjaro was achieved in 1889. On October 6, 1889, the Leipzig geographer Dr. Hans Meyer together with the Austrian alpinist Ludwig Purtscheller the highest point of the crater rim.The former "Kaiser Wilhelm Peak" was renamed "Uhuru Peak" in 1961 on the occasion of Tanzania's independence.
- Why is reading fun?
- Can cats eat vegan burgers?
- What are units
- Tennis was first played with bare hands
- What are opposition leaders in Canadian politics
- Are carrier bags actually environmentally friendly?
- How do you hug your friend
- What does world x do in SQL
- Why did John Bercow resign
- How many electrons take up in an orbital
- Trust means that belief is right
- Why is Goa's culture unique
- How are speed limits calculated
- Why is democracy expensive
- Why did Captain America get the shield
- Why did India lose to Great Britain?
- What does it mean to be in this sentence
- How is the transistor used as a switch
- What would Satan think of Satanists?
- Some children are naturally violent
- What is a computer bus network
- Am I a psychopath or an autistic person?
- Which websites can I download books from?
- Will Antarctica ever be warm again?