Where do you get Premium YouTube from
theme - internet
3. Youtuber: Get famous and rich with Youtube?
In Germany there are now a large number of hobby or professional "Youtubers". Many Youtuber channels only have a few hundred followers, but over a hundred German channels also have more than a million subscribers and sometimes reach more viewers than some television programs.
Youtube offers an affiliate program for Youtubers who also want to earn money with their content. Any channel with at least 1,000 subscribers and a total viewing time of 4,000 hours in the last twelve months can participate.
Even with a high number of visits, however, the income is manageable. According to estimates by the PR agency Faktenkontor, only nine German YouTube channels achieved six-figure advertising income in 2017. The most successful German Youtuber BibisBeautyPalace took in around 500,000 euros through the partner program. A relatively small amount when you consider that the video blogger creates well over 100 videos a year and has almost five million subscribers. Most Youtubers do not earn more than 1,000 euros per year through advertising.
The marketing of larger channels now often takes place via YouTube networks. They are comparable to music labels. They discover Youtubers or build them up, they support them in the creation of their videos and they conclude advertising deals with companies.
There are many “product-related” Youtubers. These are Youtubers who regularly deal with a certain topic - such as cosmetics, video games or fitness - and are therefore also interested in the products that are offered in these areas. They are often susceptible to relying on paid product placement in addition to traditional advertising. That means: They get sponsored by brand manufacturers in order to present their products in return or to show them clearly in the video. This practice is controversial because it quickly crosses the line to illegal surreptitious advertising. That is why product placements must be marked. Otherwise, as a viewer, you can often no longer say whether a product is actually recommended wholeheartedly or because money has flowed in the background. Because there is little money to be made by advertising in front of your videos, product placements are a popular means of youtubers to use their own reach profitably. For this reason, so-called affiliate links can often be found under the videos. Every time the product advertised in the video is ordered, the Youtuber receives a cash reward.
Other Youtubers use the platform as a marketing tool for their own products. For example, you are a photographer, life coach or sales trainer. These Youtubers present their skills in their videos by giving tips for free. The content should create trust and turn viewers into potential customers: If you follow these Youtubers permanently, you might at some point also buy their books, learning videos or book a seminar.
Get rich and famous with Youtube?
As everywhere on the net, the success with Youtube is very unevenly distributed. A small group with extremely high celebrities and high income faces a huge group of Youtubers with very few subscribers.
Youtube is an interesting way to tell the world about yourself. However, the likelihood of actually becoming famous and rich is very slim.
4. How can you protect your data on YouTube?
On the one hand, settings that you can make when using Google help.
- If you are logged into a Google service, you will not be automatically logged out when you exit the page. You have to actively log out.
- Ask yourself what information you want to share with other users. If you are logged in to Youtube, you can use Settings → Privacy For example, specify whether your playlists should be publicly viewable.
At myaccount.google.com you can reach the central portal for the data settings of all Google services.
- over Personal data & privacy: Manage Google activity → Activity settings You can explicitly specify whether your YouTube search history and your YouTube playback history should be saved and used by YouTube.
- Via the navigation path Personal data & privacy: Manage Google activity→ Go to my activities you can see what data Google has collected about your previous YouTube consumption, provided that you have allowed Google to do so. You can delete individual entries from the data history.
- over Personal data & privacy – Tools available now you get settings for users who are not logged in. About the point Search and playback history on Youtube: Adjust settings you can specify that YouTube should suspend the playback or search history and delete the previous recordings.
- Via Personal data & privacy: Settings for advertising → Manage settings for advertising you can deactivate personalized advertising. You can finally delete your Google account completely via this page on Google.
You can also protect your YouTube data via the browser settings (and other technical tools): There you can manage cookies and, for example, specify that the browser should either not accept cookies at all or at least reject third-party cookies.
- Ad blocker extensions for the browser not only block certain advertisements in the browser, but also tracking technologies.
- The anonymization browser Tor disguises your IP address when you use a website, something similar is done by virtual private networks (VPN services).
5. What alternatives to Youtube are there?
Stream music videos on Youtube, research topics on Google.de, download apps from Google's Play Store and send emails via Gmail: Google's knowledge of you grows with every additional Google service you use.
In the field of video platforms, Youtube had a virtual monopoly. None of the direct competitors can even come close to competing with the market leader from Google. In Germany, Youtube has a market share of around 80 percent (as of: 1st half of 2016). The biggest competitors are:
- the French video platform Dailymotion (4.5 percent),
- the German Clipfish (3.8 percent; meanwhile developed into Watchbox),
- the video game live streaming portal Twitch TV (3.4 percent) and
- and Vimeo (2.7 percent), which focuses primarily on high-quality content.
Serious competition is most likely to come from large social networks. In the meantime, users are also producing videos specifically for Facebook, Snapchat and the Facebook subsidiary Instagram. Although the services are not part of the Google universe, they are also not exemplary in terms of data protection.
A complete exit from Google is difficult to achieve. What remains is to pay attention to data economy and, if possible, to decide against a Google service.
- How do I manage my college classes
- Is Mars's moon hot or cold
- What are Chelsea's tactics this season
- Can tourism help reduce poverty in Africa?
- What is scalar wave
- Which fruit name ends with MIR
- What is the best bait for trout
- Faith schools should celebrate the religious festivals
- Where can you buy an anemometer online
- How does an engineering student balance his studies?
- Which is better Amrita Bangalore or Amritapuri
- Do you think love involves sacrifice?
- What does it mean?
- What do historians think of Wikipedia
- Why is Ujjain Kumbh Mela called SIMHASTH
- Which is the best literature in Arabic
- Was Beethoven religious
- What should I title my new book
- How do I exit Emacs
- Why doesn't Walmart stop selling guns
- You can powder one coat over the paint
- What is Kamarkattu
- How do I install Jenkins CI
- Who was your favorite American president?
- Why is my Wii controller not working
- Which EDM artists play the saxophone
- How was electromagnetism discovered
- What is Jaziya
- Is mango good for your health
- What does MFi-certified mean
- How do GPCRs activate G protein
- Were any dinosaurs ovoviviparous
- Do the CFA exams take place in India?