Should I do the GRE before college
Information on the topic: Studying in the USA
Many American universities now require standardized entrance tests. You have to find out what the exact entry requirements are at the university before you apply.
These are mostly multiple-choice tests that are intended to check whether an applicant has certain skills for "undergraduate studies".
The three most important "undergraduate" entrance tests:
It's a kind of intelligence test that takes about an hour. American high school graduates must take an aptitude test to enter college. In the first part of this test (SAT I), language and math skills are tested. Then there are some subject-related tests. Depending on the American university, you do not have to take these tests as a German with a general university entrance qualification.
This test is offered several times a year worldwide. Registration is required. There are SAT test centers at the IUB Bremen and at international schools (in Berlin, Bonn, Düsseldorf, Frankfurt, Hanover, Munich, Stuttgart). The SAT test costs $ 45; there is also the surcharge for the subject tests.
Information at: http://www.collegeboard.com.
SAT Subjects Test
Also a multiple choice test that tests knowledge in selected subjects. Either the university prescribes which subjects these are, or you can choose them freely. The test takes about an hour.
Information on this is available at: http://www.collegeboard.com.
The American College Testing Assessment (ACT)
The test is offered five times a year worldwide. Pre-registration is necessary. The whole thing is a multiple choice test that tests knowledge of English, math, reading and sciences. You can ask the relevant universities whether you need this test as a foreign student.
Information on this is available at: http://www.act.org.
There are additional tests for graduate courses:
GRE - Graduate Record Examination
Information at: www.gre.org
A general test for applying to master programs (graduate level), consisting of three sections:
- Analytical writing - 2 essays (comment on a topic and analysis of a specific issue (duration: 75 minutes).
- Verbal reasoning - language skills (30 questions in 30 minutes)
- Quantitative reasoning - mathematical and logical thinking (28 questions in 45 minutes) The test takes place several times a week and costs 160 dollars.
Information at: www.gre.org
Additional tests in 8 disciplines (Biochemistry / Cell and Molecular Biology, Biology, Chemistry, Computer Science, Literature in English, Mathematics, Physics, Psychology) (sometimes required for a degree-oriented graduate degree). The test costs 150 dollars and takes place on fixed dates at the TU Berlin, Internationall Business School Freiburg, America Center Hamburg, LMU Munich. A pre-registration is neccessary.
- Graduate Management Admission Test
Information at: http://www.mba.com/
Requirement for graduate applications in business subjects, especially for the MBA. It is not specialist knowledge, but logical, mathematical and analytical skills that are tested. The test costs $ 250, takes about 4 hours, and takes place regularly in Frankfurt and Düsseldorf.
There are special GMAT preparation courses that are offered in some cities in Germany.
International Student Handbook of U.S. Colleges
The entry requirements for the application can be found, for example, in the "International Student Handbook of U.S. Colleges"
Scholarships for the USA
You should think about financing your studies in the USA in good time. Some organizations give scholarships ...
Scholarships for the USA
Visa for studies in the USA
If you want to study in the USA, you have to apply for a student visa (F / M visa). But how do you do that and which visa do you need to study in the USA?
USA student visa
Find the right university
There are thousands of colleges in the United States. Which ones do your subjects offer? Which are the best colleges in the US? How is the university equipped?
USA health insurance
Foreign students have to pay for their own medical care. That is why it is necessary to take out accident and health insurance for the USA.
... international insurance Care College USA
Country information USA
Do you eat the same way in the US as you do in Europe? How much do you tip in the US? Do the Americans take it seriously when it comes to punctuality?
... USA country & people
- How can I get Photoshop for free
- Why didn't my relationship last forever
- Why are we doing a tour
- What has increased your interest in gardening
- How do you change a flat tire
- School teachers are just babysitters
- What is the russian word for start?
- What do your eyes say about you
- Hydra Cluster isn't the largest galaxy
- What is an interesting fact about Buddhism
- VR technology is still growing
- How can I separate drugs from blood
- Are the NYX glossy butter containers clear?
- Vultures fly as high as eagles
- Will weeds keep me depressed any longer
- Are you a born leader
- What should I sing for the hair audition
- How do I make Chana Masala rice
- Can Ebola infect dogs
- Twitter hashtags can have spaces
- What is the difference between Fuersorge and Sorge?
- Is the name NATO protected and protected
- Are dermal fillers useful
- What Are Some Free Dental Implant Programs