Can people develop super powers
For the lecture at the Children's University on June 16, 2019, everything revolves around spare parts for the human body
On June 16, 2019, the last lecture at the Chemnitz Children's University will take place before the summer break. The program includes a lecture on "Can people buy superpowers in the future?" The speaker is Prof. Dr. Bertolt Meyer, Professor of Organizational and Business Psychology at the Technical University of Chemnitz.
There are already many spare parts for the human body: artificial hands, legs, even eyes and ears. These spare parts are still not as good as the original: For example, you cannot play the piano with an artificial hand. But it may well be that this will change in the future. Even today, a long jumper with an artificial leg jumps further than an athlete with two legs made of flesh and blood. Perhaps in the future there will be a lot more spare parts that are better than the original. But do we want such a future where people can buy superpowers? Who will be able to afford it and what will it do to people?
The lecture takes place in the lecture hall building of the TU Chemnitz at Reichenhainer Straße 90 in room N115. Start is at 10:30 a.m., doors open at 9:45 a.m. Admission is free. The Chemnitz Children's University is aimed at junior students aged seven to twelve.
More information about Chemnitz Children's University:http://www.tu-chemnitz.de/kinderuni
Contact: Brita Stingl, phone 0371 531-13300, email [email protected]
All "Uni-aktuell" articles
Note: The TU Chemnitz is present in many media. The media review gives an impression of how they report about the university.
- How do hackers intercept messages?
- What is introverted feeling Fi
- How do I create such photos
- How can I improve my LinkedIn profile?
- How did AI improve accessibility on the Internet
- Why should I care about health education?
- What is your opinion on ambient music
- Die 2D platformer
- Do you like cartoons
- How to say hate in Dutch
- Is Jack Nicholson retired
- What are the basics of dance
- What are examples of natural rights
- Marketing process automation can improve sales
- How did Hyde Park get its name
- What are the practical areas of psychology
- How do I contact Tim Cook
- Can you juggle
- How do I use LearnDash in WordPress
- Can you live without Chrome
- Is 5G a LiFi
- If gays can get married, why can't they have siblings
- What moved New England's colonial economy
- The observer must be conscious