How useful are shorter URLs
To make it easier for search engines to crawl, each URL should not exceed a certain number of characters. The URL length is usually not considered a ranking factor. However, it is important to limit the length of the URL so that it can be accessed and crawled easily by search engines. Shorter URLs are also easier to understand for users.
Keywords in the url 
The search engine Google generally recommends not placing more than three to five keywords in a URL, provided they are relevant to the page. Each additional keyword is weighted with less relevance. The excessive use of keywords in the URL should also be avoided to avoid keyword stuffing. If parameters are placed in a URL, they should be placed as far back as possible.
A website about dog food has a subpage that discusses the point of organic dog food.
Then a sensibly structured and not too long URL could look like this:www.meinedoggyseite.de/hundefutter/ist-biologisches-hundefutter-sinnvoll-oder-nicht.html
In principle, it is recommended to use speaking URLs due to the keyword relevance.
A URL shouldn't be more than 2000  Contain characters so that they can be parsed with a browser. However, it rarely happens that URLs of this length are generated. If a URL should appear in full in the search results and not be cut off, it should be a maximum of 74 characters long. This fact could contribute to the fact that this shorter URL leads to an increase in the click-through rate of the snippet. A shorter URL is also easier for users to share and bookmark.
Problem areas 
A CMS automatically creates URLs according to certain rules. For example, if you are planning a new online shop, you should make precise plans of the URL structure beforehand. In many cases, especially in shop systems, the product title is included in the URL, which can sometimes result in very long URLs, especially if individual criteria such as color or size also appear in the URL.
Here is an example too:
A fashion shop offers a checked men's shirt from the “Schickimicki” brand. The customer clicks on it and chooses size 41 and the color black. A corresponding URL could then look like this:www.modeshop.de/bekleidung/herren/hemden/herrenhemd-schickimicki-groesse41-schwarz.html
To shorten the URLs in this case, the HTML product page could be appended directly to the root, so:www.modeshop.de/herrenhemd-schickimicki-groesse41-schwarz.html
Alternatively, individual filters can be displayed as a URL, but not indexed. In this way, the shop functionality is retained, but the URL structure is not stretched by excessive lengths.
If you want to shorten URLs for promotions or for use in social networks such as Twitter, you can use URL shorteners, for example.
Very long URLs can also become problematic if link titles are automatically filled with the URL name. Here it is advisable to either update the titles manually or to adjust the automation accordingly.
With regard to search engine optimization, the use of canonical tags should be considered, especially in online shops, because of possible duplicate content.
- ↑ What is the maximum length of a URL? Stackoverflow.com. Retrieved July 29, 2012.
Web links 
- Why are Uber taxi drivers so unprofessional
- Does Dish TV work in Dubai
- Would a dog eat your ferret
- What chemicals should I avoid in shampoos?
- How does the Hulu process work
- Have you ever followed someone by chance
- Is AI an existential threat to politics?
- How is quantum entanglement proven
- Tableau is a requirement for data science
- Why don't more people eat organic
- Supports Google Pixel 3A dark mode
- Are Devinci Bikes good mountain bikes
- What are the best augmented reality conferences
- Union Pacific is a monopoly
- Where's the Catalina wine mixer
- Why would you like to thank Google
- What does Finvasia's FoxTrader cost
- Is Obamacare still in effect
- What are non-selling strategies
- Are facet injections better than epidural
- What are acetaminophen pills
- Which cheese goes well with oranges?
- What are the positive effects of protists
- How would someone burn spontaneously
- What is your opinion on iodized salt
- How useful are Herbalife products
- Has George W. Bush publicly supported torture
- How do I find out the electricity costs
- What is the shadiest crypto currency
- Why was the concept of resilience created
- How to say not in Finnish
- What is a table of contents
- What could be causing numbness in my thigh