What is Spathology
What is pathology
Pathology is the branch of medicine that deals with the research and teaching of the causes (etiology), the development (pathogenesis), the course and physical processes during an illness (pathophysiology).
The goal of any medical treatment is the complete healing of the patient. If symptoms or physical changes that have occurred can be completely reversed, i.e. healed, they are reversible. As irreversible on the other hand, permanent changes are referred to - e.g. B. A prolonged lack of oxygen in the brain leads to incurable damage.
Doctors also differentiate between acute and chronic diseases. For one acute course of the disease Sudden, sometimes severe symptoms are characteristic, but the disease usually only lasts for a short time. The patient has some or all of the five "cardinal symptoms" of inflammation.
If a disease does not heal or the causes cannot be eliminated, it “perpetuates”. Chronic illnesses develop insidiously, often show fewer symptoms than acute courses, but last all the longer. Some chronic diseases continue to get worse and treatment can only slow them down, not stop them. These diseases (such as Alzheimer's or AIDS) are technically called chronically progressive.
Sometimes illnesses heal completely or at least cause no more symptoms, but reappear after a while. Such Relapses (Recurrences) often occur with stomach ailments, bronchitis and cancer, but also with inflammations or infections (typically e.g. with cold sores) - here one speaks of recurrent diseases.
AuthorsDr. med. Arne Schäffler, Thilo Machotta | last changed on at 14:10
- Why is goddess Kali Bhavya called
- Why are strong acids unable to undergo reversible reactions?
- What is the healthiest way to breathe
- What are the best wearable technology blogs
- How is Chhath Puja celebrated
- Is it possible to cancel college certificates
- What does the DTE Energy company sell
- Why is my portable charger not charging?
- Why were the Southerners against the American system?
- What's your favorite cheesecake crust
- What are tips for a Dartmouth interview
- How much is 85 out of 3 years
- What is the meaning of Hadith 1
- I hugged my crush. Is that bad
- Can an anaconda kill a man
- What are food grade metals
- Why is an article rewrite important
- The speed of sound is the greatest in
- Is pizza the best Italian food
- What is a comedy sketch
- Atheists, what's wrong with this picture
- The SAT Math Level 1 is difficult
- How has the Geneva Bible shaped history?
- What are the properties of Babbitt Metal