How are stop signs placed?
For the 25th time, the stop sign on the corner of Devrientstrasse and Marienbrücke was knocked over in an accident over the weekend. This time it was a taxi driver who hit the traffic sign in the middle of the estuary with his car. The city put up a new sign on Monday morning.
It happened on Saturday morning: The 41-year-old drove his Hyundai taxi on Marienbrücke from Neustadt in the direction of Magdeburger Straße. He wanted to drive in the direction of the Terrassenufer and took the forbidden shortcut from the bridge to the left into Devrientstrasse. In doing so, he drove over the restricted lines, which forbid driving over the tram track towards Neustadt. Then he felled the sign with his car. The 41-year-old was not injured, the property damage amounted to around 3,000 euros.
The man was on duty and therefore had to report the accident. Only in such cases can the police regularly hold the drivers involved in the accident accountable. It was different in November 2017, when a driver drove around the sign and then fled.
The city plans to rebuild the estuary. A provisional solution should be ready by the end of September, which will make it impossible to turn left from the bridge into the small side street, said Reinhard Koettnitz, the head of the road and civil engineering department. This includes curbs that replicate the permitted curves and cars that are in the way that come from the Marienbrücke. The stop sign is then placed on a small center island with such curbs, which is now placed unprotected in the middle of the mouth. However, red and white sheets are attached to it, which can be seen from the bridge and are intended to draw attention to the obstacle.
The city plans to expand the restricted area on the Marienbrücke tram tracks much earlier. That should happen in the first half of 2018. It then extends to about the height of the Elbe quay wall on the old town side. To this end, a test was carried out during the Advent season in 2017, during which only one car lane towards the old town could be driven for several weeks. “The queue lengths, the number of cars and the driving speeds were recorded,” said Koettnitz. "That didn't have a negative impact on car traffic and was positive for the trams."
- What is the origin of Nick Fury
- Who did Ed Sheeran get married to
- Are social media audits useful?
- How can I prepare a homemade anesthetic
- What is a Java Specification
- What is the shadiest crypto currency
- 1 core is enough
- What is high leverage
- Should the UFC stop testing for steroids
- Are there any IT jobs in Indonesia
- Why is glycolysis an example of catabolism
- Tipping in non-standard restaurants
- What's the best NFL logo
- Has beer yeast in it
- Why do people hate JavaFX
- How is this physical question solved?
- What is the difference between lime and lye
- What does DHQ mean when writing SMS
- What is 33 1 1 1
- Which MacBook should I get
- What is the theme of the film Wiedergaenger
- Why have CVS stocks fallen significantly?
- All sentences have a tense
- What is service charge