How will industrial hemp affect the economy
EIHA position paper: Products made from industrial hemp are neither drugs nor medication
Brussels / Cologne (ots) - In the opinion of the European Industrial Hemp Association (EIHA), industrial hemp is not subject to the international control for drugs according to the UN Single Convention C61.
- EIHA calls for a clear legal framework for
- Definition of industrial hemp as a cannabis plant with low
THC content for industrial by-products
The EIHA position paper provides clear evidence that industrial hemp does not fall within the scope of the 1961 Single Convention on Narcotic Drugs (C61 for short). In fact, industrial hemp was never listed here or in the 1972 supplementary protocols.
From the EIHA's point of view, the Narcotic Drugs Commission as the central body for drug policy of the UN (Commission on Narcotic Drugs - CND for short) is not authorized to classify industrial hemp as a potential addictive substance.
The international treaty C61 still forms the basis for global drug control to this day. In C61, cannabis is defined as the "flower of the fruit stands" - seeds and leaves and all secondary products derived from them are therefore neither to be classified as drugs nor as medication.
Hemp products obtained from "flowering and fruiting tips" of cannabis sativa plants should also be considered exempt on the basis of Article 2 (9). The article excludes the use of drugs in industrial areas for non-medical and non-scientific purposes from the scope of international control. As long as the blossoming and fruit-bearing tips are used to obtain hemp products and non-intoxicating substances, they do not fall under the regulations of the standard agreement on narcotics.
The EIHA therefore calls for a clear definition of industrial hemp as "a cannabis plant with a low THC content that is specially grown for the industrial use of its non-toxicological derivatives". Conversely, hemp products and extracts should be defined as "non-toxicological products or preparations made from cannabis plants with a low THC content that have been specially grown for industrial purposes".
There should be no restrictions on industrial hemp in the field of cosmetics, food or dietary supplements. "A reference to the Single Convention to justify a witch hunt on hemp products, which unfortunately is still taking place, is absurd and has no basis," said Daniel Kruse, President of EIHA.
"In view of the enormous global market developments for our products, industrial hemp must finally be decriminalized and live up to its importance as an agricultural product and valuable industrial plant," explains Lorenza Romanese, Managing Director of EIHA. "Industrial hemp products are not drugs or medicaments, nor do they lead to abuse or addiction."
The European Industrial Hemp Association will be happy to provide the comprehensive position paper "Common position of the Hemp industries on the international drug control system" with a detailed argumentation backed up with sources on request.
Inquiries & contact:
EIHA Communications EUROPE
Daniel Kruse | EIHA President (responsible for content)
Victoria Troyano | EIHA Executive Assistant and Communications
Phone +32 471 870659 | [email protected]
EIHA Office EUROPE
European Industrial Hemp Association
Rue Montoyer 31
- How do PETA members justify keeping pets?
- Deletes kaggle records after competitions have ended
- What is gay friday
- How did Ireland get out of poverty
- What should I start early?
- What are the practical areas of psychology
- Why didn't Tesla design flying cars
- What sounds revolutionized the recording and production of music
- In software development, what is coding
- What are the different perspectives on consciousness
- Can an etymological dictionary be protected by copyright
- Why do we study Islam
- Why do birds lay eggs of different colors
- How exactly is a water level
- How much weight can a floor support
- What is the rank of commander?
- How is the elastic energy measured
- Is fig a conifer or deciduous tree
- How can I do an interview with a dental school
- Where will Groupon be in 2014
- Who is the father of analog computers
- What's the Tagalog of then
- Will Pakistan be a good friend
- What do conservatives take for granted?
- What makes Holochain unique among blockchain technologies
- Is patent law state or federal
- Who never dies
- What is Cannabigerol CBG
- Which is the best coaching academy
- Which proofreading pages are hiring
- Is espresso stronger than Americano
- Chemical engineers are in demand in Gujarat
- How is the drug acid smoked?