When will you quit smoking?
Quit Smoking With These 12 Tips
Finally, away from the cigarette, that's what many smokers wish for. But they also know at the same time: It's not that easy at all. Of course, we cannot relieve you of the transition from smoker to non-smoker. But with our tips you will surely find it a little easier to quit smoking.
Stop completely or reduce gradually?
The feeling tells many smokers: Suddenly stopping smoking would be too brutal, a slow reduction is definitely easier to cope with. However, the figures show that most smokers find it easier to come to a clear end. There are just too many loopholes in reducing to deceive yourself. It works better End point method: Set a X day on which you will quit smoking, and then immediately start a life as a non-smoker completely.
Gather reasons to quit smoking
There are many good reasons to quit smoking. Which ones are particularly important to you? Always make your reasons clear to yourself. For example, write them down and hang them on the wall so that they can be seen for the time being. Here are a few good reasons for inspiration:
- Statistically speaking, if you smoke, you are shortening your life significantly. Quitting smoking gives you a lifetime. If you add the time that you are healthy instead of sick, you also get a lot of quality of life for free.
- Maybe you already notice that you can no longer get up the stairs without any problems? Quitting smoking makes you fitter and more productive.
- Quitting smoking reduces your risk of many serious illnesses: cancer and cardiovascular disease are the most dangerous. But even annoying little things like colds appear much less often if you no longer smoke.
- Non-smokers have a more intense sense of taste and smell. You will be able to enjoy completely new after a while.
- Your clothes, your hair and your apartment will never smell of old, stale smoke again.
Of course, you also save a lot of money that you can use for other, more beautiful things.
As a non-smoker, you are freer in your everyday life because it is no longer determined by when you can smoke the next cigarette.
- As a non-smoker, you also look better: after a while, the skin looks fresher and smoother, your fingernails become stronger and discoloration on your fingers disappears.
- If the parents smoke, the risk that the children will start smoking later also increases. And even now passive smoking and even the smoke residues on hands and clothing are damaging your health. By stopping smoking, you are helping your children directly.
What are your top reasons to quit smoking? Always make it clear to yourself why the effort is worthwhile for you.
Be sure: complaints will pass
Quit smoking: complaints will go away
In the beginning, the craving for a cigarette can be very strong. Withdrawal symptoms also occur, for example nervousness, tremors, insomnia or depression. How severe these complaints are varies greatly from person to person. With a little luck you will hardly feel any of it, but it can also be tough. Realize this: this phase is only temporary, and it's not even particularly long. After about a week, at the latest after ten days, the symptoms have already weakened considerably. After a few weeks they have completely disappeared. That is bearable!
Increase by quitting smoking? Not necessarily!
Many smokers shy away from giving up their vice because they are afraid of gaining weight. In fact, increased appetite can be a side effect of quitting smoking. You can take countermeasures if you pay attention to a healthy diet and enough exercise. And if that doesn't work, you can take care of the few pounds that might come with quitting smoking later. For this, you will be rewarded with more radiant skin, firmer nails and many other benefits.
Quitting smoking: exercise helps
Exercise is a very helpful tool when you quit smoking. It will distract you when the cravings for a cigarette get big, it will help you maintain your weight, and it will make the withdrawal symptoms subside. At the same time you improve your physical and mental well-being with exercise, and that is now worth its weight in gold.
Values failure as steps to success
If you've tried to quit smoking in the past without success, now it can be limiting. "I will definitely not be able to do that again" is a very demotivating thought. And it is not true either: You have gained experience in previous attempts that you can now use. Find out what difficulties you encountered and how you can prevent them this time.
Stay away from alcohol!
In the first time after quitting smoking, you should try not to drink alcohol. Because even in small amounts this lowers your inhibitions and your self-control. In addition, drinking and smoking have probably been closely linked up to now. This increases the risk of relapse considerably.
Quitting smoking is also easier with two people. Perhaps you can motivate your partner or a friend to stop with you at the same time? If you are a gambler, then make a bet: Whoever takes a cigarette first, loses. Ideally, you both win. But even if you can't find anyone who wants to quit smoking at the same time, those around you can be a great support for you: Tell your friends and family that you want to become non-smokers. They are sure to support you, motivate you and take care of you. If that's not the case (some smokers willfully or unintentionally sabotage others who want to quit), be calm and be clear about what you want.
Relapse? No panic!
If you have picked up your cigarette again, it is not yet a disaster and, above all, no reason to completely abandon the “non-smoker” project. Instead, analyze how the relapse happened. What were the factors that made you lit a cigarette again? If you know this, you can take countermeasures in similar situations in good time.
The specialists at Nicorette have developed an effective spray to deal with acute smoking cravings during the quitting phase. The use of the product increases the chance of long-term smoke-free status according to the manufacturer by a factor of 2.5.
Quitting smoking is a big deal. Reward yourself for it! It's especially easy if you throw the amount you would have spent on smoking into a money box every day. What rewards can you treat yourself to after a week? Which after a month or half a year? Use the money you save for something that is good for you and that you have not done before.
Create new rituals
“Smoking and coffee belong together”. Really?
Smoking is not only an addiction, but also a ritual. Most smokers light a cigarette in very specific, recurring situations: in the morning after getting up, with coffee, on the way to the office, when taking a break with colleagues, while on the phone and so on. Of course, once you quit smoking, you will continue to get into these situations. In the first time you feel the need for a cigarette particularly painful. Find out - maybe even in advance - which situations are associated with smoking for you. How can you redesign it? Create new rituals that do without smoking. For example, when you're on the phone, you can draw instead of smoking. You can start the morning with a few short breathing exercises or a spontaneous dance to your favorite song. Whatever you enjoy and do well can work and significantly dampen your craving for a cigarette.
Smoking relaxed? Really?
Many smokers find smoking relaxing and worry that they will not be able to cope with the stress if they can no longer use cigarettes. What many do not realize is that the breaks between cigarettes put the body and mind in great stress. He urgently needs supplies. This accumulated stress can then be briefly relieved by smoking. But that is not real relaxation, just a fall back to normal. Once you have got used to it, you can be permanently on this relaxation level because the "smoking stress" in between is eliminated.
When is your first day as a non-smoker? Maybe today?(17 votes, average: 4,18 out of 5)
You need to be a registered member to rate this.Loading ...
- What is a Minister for Brexit
- What do you notice in meetings?
- May ocean gold have turned green
- Trains BTS
- Plays VLC MKV files
- What is the mirror made of sheet aluminum
- What an everyday utility you have been looking for exists
- White Crest 3D Whitening Toothpaste Actually
- What do Swedes think of Abba
- Why do people hate science interstellar
- Why is Karvy in the news
- Who discovered the C language 1
- How does Java help ordinary people
- Can we use polymers in engine parts
- How do smokers keep their lips pink?
- What are some ways to stop hyperhidrosis
- Do we need weapons to be powerful?
- Why am I completely invisible to women
- Which smartphone do Indian celebrities use
- Who won the battle of Cape Spartivento
- Can Joomla be installed on Windows hosting
- Would make Daredevil a good green lantern
- Why hasn't Google bought Disqus yet
- Why is iron ore expensive
- Can a blacklisted phone be unlocked?
- How much does a phase shifting transformer cost
- Which cell phone is for under 200
- What is it like to use Gucci products
- How do GPCRs activate G protein
- What makes Holochain unique among blockchain technologies
- Where do you get magnetic eyelashes from
- What are the topics in game development
- What are some examples of recessive traits
- What insect can sing like a bird