Parrots use their beaks as protection
Sociable free flyers with aspirations
The sociability of birds does not stop at other species. Well behaved dogs and cats, for example, are accepted as roommates. Socialization with other birds, especially smaller ones, is difficult. Contact with small children should also only take place under supervision in order to protect the terrifying horrors.
In addition to social contact, an African gray parrot needs a lot of space due to its size. Accordingly, minimum dimensions are prescribed for your aviary in this country: It should be two meters long, one meter wide and one meter high. Each additional animal also needs at least half of this space volume.
The aviary serves the animals as a place to sleep and feed. The rest of the time, African gray parrots prefer to satisfy their urge to move and therefore need a lot of free flight.
This should definitely not be missing in your aviary:
- various opportunities for climbing and gnawing
- Perches made of natural wood with different diameters
- Grating made of cross bars or mesh
- Bathing devices
- Flooring made of sand, untreated wood chips or bark mulch
The intelligence of African gray parrots amazes scientists and owners time and again. For this reason, employment opportunities in the aviary should not be missing. With the right toys you can stimulate your birds mentally and prevent them from getting bored.
This is how African gray parrots feel at home
Create the most natural conditions possible for your African gray parrots. The brightness phases should last between ten and 14 hours and include twilight phases. Artificial UV sources also provide the birds with vital UV rays. An orientation light is also welcome at night, but the light from televisions or laptops is not.
In addition, African gray parrots do not tolerate dry heating air, as otherwise they tend to pluck feathers. A humidity of over 60 percent is ideal.
Danger: Parrots naturally cannot keep their beak off wood, paper and wickerwork. It is better not to leave such items unattended. Instead, give the birds enough opportunities to gnaw.
- What is the planet Titan
- Is AlCL3 a covalent bond
- What is a jet push
- Is this phrase too strange to use
- How is income inequality calculated
- How much money do you feel rich with?
- How safe is Cancun in 2018 2019
- Nothing is possible
- What is an intrinsic value for laypeople
- Is the JEE network simple or not
- When will Croatia join Schengen?
- My phone is overheating. What am I doing
- Are we overdue for a global pandemic
- What are the best home appliances available
- What is the life of a USB stick
- How often should students meditate?
- What are the functions of a gearbox
- Why hasn't Google bought Disqus yet
- Was Feynman an atheist
- What topics should a creative visionary know
- When was the banana bread invented?
- Why do acidic drinks soothe nausea
- What only Sri Lankans understand
- Who were the angles and the jutes