What is ammunition
Part of speech: noun, (Female)Hyphenation:
- Mu | ni | ti | on, Plural: Mu | ni | ti | o | nen
- IPA: [muniˈʦi̯oːn]
- 1) Parts that are not permanently connected to the weapon or the tool, mostly reloadable parts, which represent the actual functional units
- 1) Mun.
- in the 16th century from Frenchammunition, ammunitions de guerre "War material" borrowed in Latinmūnītio "Fortification, fortification" goes back
- 1) Projectile, bullet, cartridge, projectile
- 1) Training ammunition, incendiary ammunition, Bundeswehr ammunition, drill ammunition, shotgun ammunition, found ammunition, artillery ammunition, rifle ammunition, pulse ammunition, flare ammunition, tracer ammunition, mine ammunition, tank ammunition, cartridge ammunition, arrow ammunition, world war ammunition, practice ammunition, signal ammunition, pistol ammunition, cluster ammunition
- [*] Campaign ammunition
- 1) The ammunition is the actual functional unit of a weapon.
- 1) “They put their carbines on, shouldered their bazookas, and took the boxes with them ammunition and hand grenades and moved in the only pace that the weight of the weapons allowed ... "
- 1) “For the production of Ammunition, But also from fertilizers for agriculture nitrogen compounds (nitrates) form, including in particular saltpeter (NaNO3) and nitric acid (ENT3), an indispensable basic component. "
- 1) precision steered ammunition, radioactive ammunition
- Adjectives:contaminated with ammunition
- Ammunition preparation, ammunition disposal, ammunition component, ammunition bunker, ammunition depot, ammunition disposal, ammunition factory, ammunition fishery, ammunition belt, ammunition belt, ammunition production, ammunition case, ammunition chamber, ammunition box, ammunition column, ammunition store (→, ammunition disposal), ammunition disposal, ammunition cabinet, ammunition disposal, ammunition disposal, ammunition minister, ammunition disposal Ammunition safety (→ ammunition safety regulation), ammunition safety device, ammunition bag, ammunition part, ammunition carrier, ammunition transport, ammunition accident, ammunition destruction, ammunition supply, ammunition stock, ammunition cart, ammunition destruction, ammunition train
- Nominative: singular ammunition; Plural Ammunition
- Genitive: singular ammunition; Plural Ammunition
- Dative: singular ammunition; Plural Ammunition
- Accusative: singular ammunition; Plural Ammunition
- Arabic: 1) ذخيرة (ðaxi: ra (to do)) (Female)
- English: 1) ammunition, ammunition Plural
- French: 1) ammunitions (female), plural
- Italian: 1) munizione (Female)
- Italian: 1) ammunisjon (male)
- Norwegian: 1) ammunisjon (male)
- Swedish: 1) ammunition (Utrum)
- Spanish: 1) munición (Female)
- Czech: 1) munice (Female)
- Turkish: 1) hard work
Practical example sentences
Automatically selected examples in German:
„He should also ammunition kept in his pawnshop.“
Mopo, April 12, 2019
„Four police officers arrested - ammunition passed on?“
euronews, June 12, 2019
„The floor of the former military training area is with ammunition burdened.“
Kölnische Rundschau, July 3rd, 2019
„While working on the found ammunition in Freimann, the area in Munich must be evacuated.“
Day 24, February 21, 2019
„The army has to ammunition destroy. Is it all a waste? A few thoughts on that.“
Basler Zeitung, July 21, 2019
„After a shell fire are ammunition and fuel explodes.“
DiePresse.com, December 11, 2019
„Explosive, ammunition and dozens of weapons the elite soldier had stashed in his house.“
BILD.de, May 13, 2020
„How can Bundeswehr soldiers keep weapons and ammunition steal? The Ministry of Defense wants to check that now.“
TAZ, May 27, 2020
„Mushroom pickers have in the Sonneberg district on Wednesday morning ammunition found.“
Day 24, October 01, 2020
„The police did on Friday ammunition found for an airsoft gun in an apartment.“
Kölnische Rundschau, September 7th, 2020
The usage examples were selected automatically and may therefore contain errors.
Entries from our dictionary containing "ammunition":
magazine: ... 2) Storage for supplies 3) Militarily exchangeable housing for rifles or pistols, which carries the ammunition and moves new cartridges into the correct position when firing ...
Water gun:… Plural: [ˈvasɐpɪsˌtoːlən] word meaning / definition: 1) a toy gun, the ammunition of which is water.
failure: ... for a person who has supposedly achieved nothing in their life 2) non-ignitable ammunition in weapons Origin of the term: from fail Feminine forms: 1) ...
Paddock:… [ˈKɔpl̩] Meaning of the word / definition: 1) Body strap for fastening tools, pistols, ammunition, knives Origin of the term: attested since the 13th century; above…
shot: ... "scuʒ". The word has been used since the 9th century. Synonyms: 1) Fire, launch 3) Ammunition 4) Kick 5) Splash; a little, a little, a little 6) injection, pressure 7) ...
Rate & Share
Rate the dictionary entry or share it with friends.
Quote & print
Quote this page:
"Munition" in the online dictionary Wortbedeutung.info (22.5.2021) URL: https://www.wortbedeutung.info/Munition/
Comments from users
There are currently no comments on this entry.
Complete the dictionary entry
Wortscheutung.info is a Language dictionary and is used to look up all linguistic information. It's explicit not an encyclopedia and no subject dictionary that explains content. You can add comments such as examples of use or hints on the use of the term "ammunition" and help to improve our dictionary. Questions, requests for help and complaints are not welcome and will be deleted immediately. HTML tags are not allowed.
The following terms
Ammunition (German) Part of speech: Declined form Hyphenation: Mu | ni | ti | o | nen Pronunciation / Stress: IPA:…
Ammunition type (German) part of speech: noun, (feminine) cases: nominative: singular ammunition type; Plural types of ammunition genitive: ...
Types of ammunition (German) Part of Speech: Declined Form Hyphenation: Mu | ni | ti | ons | ar | ten Pronunciation / Stress: IPA:…
Ammunition container (German) Part of speech: noun, (male) Cases: nominative: singular ammunition container; Majority of ammunition containers ...
Ammunition containers (German) Part of Speech: Declined Form Hyphenation: Mu | ni | ti | ons | be | häl | tern Pronunciation / Stress: IPA:…
Ammunition container (German) Part of Speech: Declined Form Hyphenation: Mu | ni | ti | ons | be | häl | ters Pronunciation / Stress: IPA:…
Ammunition depot (German) Part of speech: noun, (neuter) cases: nominative: singular ammunition depot; Plural ammunition depots genitive: ...
Ammunition depots (German) Part of Speech: Declined Form Hyphenation: Mu | ni | ti | ons | de | pots Pronunciation / Stress: IPA:…
Ammunition factory (German) Part of speech: noun, (feminine) Cases: nominative: Einzahl Munitionsfabrik; Most ammunition factories ...
Ammunition factories (German) Part of Speech: Declined Form Hyphenation: Mu | ni | ti | ons | fa | b | ri | ken Pronunciation / Stress: IPA:…
Ammunition carts (German) Part of speech: noun, (male) Cases: nominative: singular ammunition carts; Plural ammunition carts genitive: ...
Ammunition carts (German) Part of Speech: Declined Form Hyphenation: Mu | ni | ti | ons | kar | rens Pronunciation / Stress: IPA:…
Ammunition box (German) Part of speech: noun, (feminine) Cases: nominative: singular ammunition box; Plural ammunition boxes genitive: ...
Ammunition boxes (German) Part of Speech: Declined Form Hyphenation: Mu | ni | ti | ons | kis | ten Pronunciation / Stress: IPA:…
- Why is the Philippine eagle endangered
- Are waist trainers dangerous
- What is the historical origin of prayer
- What is a margin when trading stocks
- Generators produce DC voltage
- Marketing process automation can improve sales
- How can I export artifacts
- What are the IUPAC names of CH3CH2CH2CH3
- What happens when you breathe in fiberglass
- What is electricity theft
- What is literature according to the author
- Why am I not passionate about anything?
- Is music bad for students
- How to calculate 10 2 8
- Why are Honda cars so expensive
- Can Serbia be as neutral as Switzerland?
- Is retrograde and weakened Jupiter is weak
- What is the nutritional profile of crickets
- Is it actually a problem to be introverted?
- What are the basics of dance
- Why is Thanos the Evil
- Are you mental 2
- What foods contain creatine
- How does a gretsch drum sound