How does a plant breathe
Habitats - In the forest
- The Venus flytrap consumes a lot of energy when it snaps shut (source: Colourbox)
Plants also use energy. The Venus flytrap, for example, a carnivorous plant, closes its trap door very quickly when an insect has landed on it.
Such movements need energy, just like growth, the formation of flowers and seeds etc. The crucial difference compared to animals is that plants can generate the energy they consume through photosynthesis themselves. Animals need this energy - e.g. B. by eating plants - feed from the outside.
When the sun doesn't shine at night and photosynthesis is not possible, plants use cellular respiration to provide energy. Plant cells also have mitochondria that operate cell respiration. The metabolic processes are the same as in animals. Plants take in oxygen through the stomata of the leaves; Animals and humans ingest it through their mouth, windpipe and lungs.
The summary comparison between animals and plants with regard to the important metabolic processes photosynthesis and cell respiration shows that ...
● only plants do photosynthesis and have chloroplasts.
● Plants, animals and humans have mitochondria and do cellular respiration.
● Animals and humans depend on plants, because only plants can produce high-energy compounds from sunlight and inorganic substances.
● Plants, animals and humans depend on high-energy, carbon-containing compounds; they are burned in the cell respiration and provide the energy for all life processes.
- Have you tried fighting anxiety?
- What are the neurological subspecialties
- How old is the Danish royal family
- How much does a Simit cost in Istanbul
- Which software is best suited for automatic backlinks
- What is Sola Scriptura
- How do moving companies sell homes
- Where I can download English songs
- How do I improve word strength
- What is non-polar in chemistry
- Is anyone at MIT bad at computers?
- Which alternative browsers are available on Android
- Why do countries import waste
- Who is the second largest YouTuber
- What is initiation polymerization
- Why not landlord brokers auction rental properties
- How difficult is the HP certification HPE6 A42
- What is unique about the Paris catacombs
- Are flickering fluorescent lamps dangerous
- How does computer programming work 1
- Why are cryptocurrencies becoming so popular
- How are speed limits calculated
- A root device is good
- Which is the coolest music website in the world
- How has fiction changed your life
- How can we drift in space
- How big is a 0201 resistance
- Everyone who goes to BITS DUBAI this year
- Is it better to innovate or create
- How do I prevent travel theft
- How is the British monarch structured
- Should I try CAT or not
- What makes food taste artificial
- Scientific researchers are unfortunate people