Who is Gopika Varma
Advances in RAMS engineering
Dr.Durga Rao Karanki is currently working as a RAMS Manager at Siemens Mobility AG (Switzerland) since 2017. He is responsible for planning, coordination, and performing RAMS activities for development and execution of European Train Control System (ETCS) projects. Previously, he worked as a scientist at the Paul Scherrer Institute (PSI) from 2009 to 2017. His research at PSI primarily focused on dynamic safety assessment and uncertainty management. Prior to joining PSI, he worked as a Scientific Officer (2002- 2009) at Bhabha Atomic Research Center (India), where he conducted research on dynamic fault tree analysis, uncertainty analysis, and risk informed decision making of nuclear power plants. He is also a visiting faculty at several technical institutes. He has been actively involved in Reliability and Safety Assessment research and development for the last 17 years. His work resulted in more than 70 publications including 4 books, 15 first author journal papers, and several conference papers, with more than 900 citations. He received two awards for research excellency from Society for Reliability Engineering, Quality and Operations Management (SREQOM). He is on the editorial board of three international journals in the area of reliability and risk analysis. He holds B.Tech in Electrical and Electronics Engineering from the Nagarjuna University (India), M.Tech in Reliability Engineering from the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Kharagpur and Ph.D. from the IIT Bombay.Dr.Gopika Vinod received her doctoral degree in Reliability Engineering from Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay. She was the recipient of the DAE Young Engineer Award 2007. She has been to visiting scientist at Brookhaven National Laboratory. Currently, she is heading the Probabilistic Safety Section of the Reactor Safety Division of BARC. She also holds the position of Faculty with Homi Bhabha National Institute. She has been actively involved in Reliability, Safety and Risk analysis of Indian Nuclear Power Plants, nuclear and chemical facilities. She is in the editorial board of the International Journal of System Assurance Engineering and Management and the Journal of Life Cycle Reliability and Safety Engineering.
Prof. A. Srividya has been a Guest Professor at Lulea Technical University, Sweden since Aug 2016 and was an Adjunct Professor of Maritime Studies at Western Norway University of Applied Sciences in autumn 2019. She has previously taught at the UiS Stavanger, Norway; at Stord / Haugesund University College, Norway; and at the IIT Bombay, India, where she was a Professor of Civil Engineering for over eight years with a research focus on Reliability and Safety Engineering & Quality Management.
She has executed various research projects to promote industrial collaboration and has been course coordinator for industry CEPs like Reliability Engineering, Quality Management, and Six Sigma for IT.
She has jointly edited books on Reliability Engineering, Quality Management and IT, and has co-authored five books on e.g. Fuzzy Reliability Engineering Concepts and Applications, Reliability and Safety Engineering, Dependability of Networked Computer Based Systems, and Risk Management for Non-Renewable Energy Systems.
Prof. Srividya has over two hundred publications in various national / international journals and conference proceedings to her credit. She is an Editor of the International Journal of Systems Assurance Engineering and Management (IJSAEM), published by Springer, and serves on the editorial board of the journal Communications in DQM.
- Intensive competitive gymnastics is good for girls
- What is rigid body movement
- How is tapioca pudding made?
- What is systems analysis and design process
- What languages were spoken in the 1500s
- How can I reduce hair loss
- Is fig a conifer or deciduous tree
- What are implicit methods in Java
- Is your elementary school assessment really important
- Who would win Lion or Brock Lesnar?
- Why is China so confident about 5G
- How do I remove blackheads very actively
- Is the Russian infrastructure doing well?
- Is the real money in self-employment
- Programs science or art
- What is advanced education means
- Is the UHP nitrogen pure nitrogen
- Meditate cats
- Should I study mechatronic or genetic
- Should I disable the Windows 10 update
- Why don't people save their money anymore
- Why are anecdotes so compelling
- What are examples of moisture
- Chrome acrylic paint is toxic
- Are PSA tests correct for prostate cancer
- How is the airport in Seattle Washington
- Can menstrual blood be tested for HIV
- What is software reusability
- What are some wise words
- Is a vote necessary to save democracy?
- Convinces political advertising
- Microsoft changed the interview process
- What does it mean to be in game development