How can we redeem and use bitcoins
How can you redeem a Casascius Physical Bitcoin?
The first 8 characters of the public address are on each coin. That way you can get the full address or check your account balance with FirstBits or a similar service. Under the tamper-evident holographic sticker on each coin is the private address that corresponds to the public address. Now that you've got both the public and private addresses, the process of importing this information into an existing wallet has already been documented in this previous question.
To edit:As a side note, it's probably worth noting that this process is almost identical to the process used to redeem BitBills
Edit 2:Apparently these coins use a different private key format than Standard.Casascius has released a utility to convert these private keys to standard addresses. Further information on the "Mini Private Key" format can be found in the Wiki.For those who are missing a copy of Visual Studio, I have compiled a copy for you.These keys can also be calculated using any calculator or code that can generate a SHA256 hash:
Of course, that's still hexadecimal and needs to be converted to Bitcoin's modified Base58, but many wallet import tools also accept hex.
Edit 3:I just heard from Casascius that we will be able to redeem these coins, as well as any device with a private mini-key, directly at MtGox in the near future.
Edit 4:Support was officially added
- How much money does Elon Musk
- How do you get on death row
- What is the business model of kayaks
- Is Pubg Mobile boring or exciting
- What is Butte MT known for?
- 1 9 is an integer
- Which mobile app bytes the most
- Which dynasty is better Tang or Song
- What are the aspects of the WTO
- How do plants breathe without a lungs
- Twitter hashtags can have spaces
- Do you need fixed games
- Is it okay to bully your sibling?
- Is NIIT better
- How could Asana be improved
- What does the DTE Energy company sell
- Blue colors are used for the chroma key
- The speed of sound is the greatest in
- How difficult is the AP history test
- How old is the average CFO
- How can I claim VAT back at the airport?
- What is a UNIX command window
- How can marketing agencies best use Databox?
- How many prophets are killed by humans