Why are magnets affected by heat
Targeted heat gets the heart back on track
Low radiation exposure makes the procedure particularly safe
At the tip of the catheter there is a probe that uses high-frequency electricity to generate high levels of heat at the transition to the pulmonary vein. "In this way we precisely obliterate the diseased tissue and prevent the heart from flickering," explains Dr. med. Andrea Brinker-Paschke, senior physician in rhythmology. Due to the extremely low radiation exposure - it is 40 times lower than with conventional treatment without magnetic navigation - the procedure is gentle and low-risk. A second variant obliterates the tissue with extreme cold of minus 60 degrees Celsius.
The experts at the Nuremberg Clinic have a lot of experience with magnetic navigation. They recently completed their 1,000 successful ablation using magnetic navigation combined with heat. “In this way, we achieve a very low rate of complications, even in an international comparison,” says Prof. Dr. med. Matthias Pauschinger, chief physician for cardiology at the Nuremberg Clinic, whose clinic has been using the method since 2011. "None of our patients had permanent problems after the procedure."
High blood pressure and obesity increase risk
"The cause of atrial fibrillation is a disturbed transmission of natural electrical impulses between the heart and the pulmonary vein," describes rhythmologist Göhl. The ablation kills the tissue at the connection point, so that no more current flows and the fibrillation is suppressed. "
Signs of a possible cardiac arrhythmia are tiredness, dizziness, rapid heartbeat, or drowsiness. As the disease progresses, it can lead to unconsciousness or a heart attack. Significant risk factors are high blood pressure that has not been treated for a long time, diabetes, excessive alcohol and tobacco consumption, and obesity. "Anyone who loses ten kilograms also halves the intensity of the atrial fibrillation," advises Göhl. There is no statistical difference between men and women.
Author: Daniel Voigt | Corporate communication
- Does religion have an evolutionary advantage
- How do I change the email
- Why should I become a Catholic?
- Can someone help me with physics 1
- What is an Italian cheesecake
- Where is cancer located
- What is your idea of your life
- How can I report someone on Quora
- What are the examples of the village industry
- Is malnutrition painful
- What is your breakfast ritual
- Are dapps haram in crypto currency
- What does jurisdiction mean
- What is the output voltage of the rr unit
- How do I overcome rethinking during my studies
- How to say clay in Urdu
- Will VMware Player run on Ubuntu
- Why do tattoos and piercings affect employment?
- Why can hardware work without software
- Has the Me Too movement reached Indonesia
- A urinary tract infection affects the kidneys
- What is atelophobia
- How can we imagine abstract mathematics?
- What is a real soldier