What is vape pen lung disease
Vaporizers pose a health risk Severe lung damage from e-cigarettes
E-cigarettes damage the lungs. Even the nicotine-free vapor can do that disrupt normal lung structure and function, showed a study in September 2019. A new study from the USA now documents the effects in the lungs. Doctors want to use it to raise awareness of better early detection and protect patients from serious interventions. Alternative treatments were often enough. In Germany, too, almost 2.5 million people smoke electrically.
The manufacturers are also feeling the effects of the discussion about the health consequences of e-cigarettes. In Germany, the "Verband des eZigarettenhandels e.V." with a drop in sales of at least 20 percent. This is what it says in the association's current annual report. In addition to the effects of the corona pandemic, the industry association also blames the so-called "EVALI crisis". Accordingly, massive lung damage leads to a loss of confidence among smokers.
In the USA, the North American Radiological Society has carried out further studies to help doctors identify damage to the lungs at an early stage. In this way, correct diagnoses can be made faster and unnecessary biopsies can be avoided. It is not only older people who are affected, because e-cigarettes are particularly popular among the 18 to 39 year olds.
Three criteria for EVALI
EVALI is the English abbreviation for lung injuries associated with the use of e-cigarettes or other vaping products. According to this, EVALI is present if electronic smoking has been carried out for at least 90 days since the symptoms appeared, abnormalities were found during chest recordings and no other sources, such as infections, are possible for the symptoms.
The radiologist Michael B. Gotway examined CT images of 26 EVALI patients and found similarities. He found frost-like opacities in all e-smokers. They were easy to see on the CT due to the clear white. The doctor also recognized a compression of the lungs.
We have found that frosted glass-like opacities, sometimes with condensation, are one of the most common symptoms.Michael B. Gotway
For doctors, this is an indication of the possible consequences of vaping if they encounter such symptoms, especially in young people. Shortness of breath and chest pain are other abnormalities in younger patients who are associated with the consumption of e-cigarettes.
With our study, we hope to make radiologists aware that if there are unclear pulmonary opacities in younger patients, injuries from e-cigarettes can also be to blame.Michael B. Gotway
Gotway advocates that medical staff always keep the possibility in mind. In the end, it is the patients who can avoid lung surgery who benefit in particular. Instead, it is enough to stop smoking e-cigarettes. If necessary, supported by therapy with corticosteroids, a hormone from the adrenal cortex.
- What are the best bars in Sardinia
- What training do police officers need
- How did Ireland get out of poverty
- What is the story of this badge
- How did Cell Goku beat Goku in DBZ
- Why do some people litter the streets?
- What makes branded perfumes so expensive
- Is mold in the bathroom dangerous
- How do I change the email
- Omnipotent or omniscient which and why
- What would really annoy an ENFJ
- Would you prefer to play Minecraft or Fortnite?
- Can PQWL12 be confirmed
- Why is my cursor not working
- How does IT differ from computer technology?
- Are there really ghosts in our world?
- What are the best decks for Artifact
- Why and when is a boot required
- Can work bamboo pen on laptop
- Can modern science reject metaphysics?
- Is it worth investing in Algorand
- How do I sell my 5K Retina iMac
- Can art and business coexist
- What convinced you to contribute to Wikipedia
- How can brachytherapy be carried out
- Can someone become their own grandpa
- What are some proven alternatives to TunnelBear
- What is cold methanol
- Is GST applicable for the sez location
- What is slacklining
- Why is estimating important in mathematics
- Which pendrive has maximum speed
- How do royals make money
- What are some examples of purebred genotypes