What is the treatment for astigmatism
Irrespective of whether the astigmatism was congenital or acquired in the course of life, the curvature should be corrected with glasses or contact lenses from 0.75 diopters. No significant visual impairments are to be expected below this value.
A typical sign of an existing astigmatism is blurred vision, which affects close, medium and long distances equally. Affected people can temporarily focus on the image by squinting their eyes. If this happens regularly, other physical complaints, such as headaches, burning, watery or dry eyes, are usually the consequences of this visual disorder. Therefore, the exact cause of the symptoms should be clarified by an ophthalmologist.
Just like squinting, farsightedness, and nearsightedness, astigmatism can also be inherited. In order to start appropriate therapy measures as early as possible, 2 ophthalmological examinations are already provided for in the mother-child passport. Checks by the ophthalmologist should take place between the 10th and 14th or between the 22nd and 26th month of life. Most of the time the results are inconspicuous. Nevertheless, it is advisable to carry out annual follow-up examinations. Visual defects that are recognized by the time they start school and treated accordingly can often be completely eliminated. If this does not happen, however, permanent ametropia can be the result.
- How can I get an internship at paytm
- Why should I attend my graduation ceremony
- What's your favorite series from the 1980s
- What is 78 2 10 8
- What is the greatest hypocrisy in Canada
- The systems engineering profession is dying
- Who is your favorite Doctor Who regeneration
- Why do some colleges call school
- How did you cure your cystitis
- What is your opinion on ambient music
- Which coin can I buy now?
- What is the sales of eventful
- What are not native plants
- Why does my tongue feel like sandpaper?
- Why do people invest in ICOs
- What do Serbs think of Qatar?
- Will the Indian economy overtake Germany by 2018
- Can spouses lead to health problems
- Why are pets useful
- What is the best career option
- What is the most common mental disorder
- Are indie films better than Hollywood films
- Which football league has the most fans?
- How do I separate CO2 from water