What is Jammu
India and Pakistan argue over who should the Jammu and Kashmir regions belong to. In the past, India and Pakistan were ruled by Great Britain and called "British India". In 1947 the two countries became independent from Great Britain and formed as two different states.
In Pakistan, the majority of the population is Muslim and India is home to many Hindus. The then ruler of Jammu and Kashmir was a Hindu and decided that the two regions should belong to India. However, the majority of the population is Muslim, as in Pakistan. Many believed that Jammu and Kashmir should therefore belong to Pakistan. Tribal fighters came from Pakistan to fight the Indian army. They are supported by the Pakistani Army.
The UN dispatched a peacekeeping mission to the region in 1949. In addition, cashmere was divided. India and Pakistan are not satisfied with this because they want the entire region to belong to them. The UN called for a referendum so that people can decide for themselves what Kashmir should belong to. India never allowed this referendum.
The Indian government is accused of failing to treat the people of Kashmir fairly. The Pakistani government is of the opinion that Kashmir must belong to Pakistan, since the majority of the population there is Muslim. The government cannot accept that Kashmir can also be a state of India.
- Can a narcissist stay in a marriage
- What is Crownit
- What is the slowest healing part of the body
- Would make Daredevil a good green lantern
- What was that for 1
- What makes graphs so strong
- What do dogs do when they are happy
- What is the largest city in Great Britain
- Muslims fear Israel or Israelis
- Chronic boredom is a mental disorder
- Do you drink alcohol every day
- How do I achieve M3
- How do the Brazilians see their capital
- Where will Groupon be in 2014
- How is numerology related to astrology?
- Are you a born leader
- Can I survive just eating dates?
- What happens with a biopsy test
- What does the expression Augur mean well?
- How good is travel
- What are the properties of Babbitt Metal
- Have you tried out Evernote Business
- Why does Barcalona sell Neymar
- Why does Israel have a president