What is checked
General inspection - what is checked?
What is paid attention to at the HU AU
First of all: It is not advisable to delay the moment too much, as there is a risk of a fine if the HU is exceeded. You are therefore well advised to have all technical functions checked beforehand in a workshop you trust so that you can then meet the deadlines without hesitation. Because a specialist knows how the test works and can accordingly examine the parts to be examined for defects.
If you welded the sills or floor pan on your vehicle shortly before the test, then leave everything as it is. Because the underbody protection can cover up many defects. In addition, the expert can request that you scrape the areas clean again in order to check the work. At best, seal the welds with clear varnish. Also, keep the following in mind:
- First of all, inspectors do an external visual inspection of your car. He will check whether your headlights are splintering, the windshield and exterior mirrors are cracked or otherwise damaged.
- The tread depth of the tires and possibly the mandatory equipment such as the first-aid kit, the safety vest and the warning triangle are also checked by the inspectors.
- Then you look under the bonnet to check that the battery and the brake fluid are securely in place.
- If you have installed tuning parts, you should have the ABE ready for all installed parts. If the parts are not registered, your vehicle may fail or the ABE may even expire.
If everything is okay, what has been new in the test procedure since 2012 follows: the expert makes a test drive at eight kilometers per hour to check airbags, ABS and ESP. Usually he drives your car to the test bench. It is also checked whether unusual noises indicate damage or whether the shock absorbers are defective. Your vehicle must then show that the braking system is working and that the brakes on all wheels are decelerating evenly.
Everything is checked on the lift
After the short test drive, it goes to the lifting platform or pit, where undiscovered errors are regularly revealed. In the past, the TÜV only had to check whether some pipes were leak-proof during the emissions test. In modern cars, lambda sensors, catalytic converters, particle filters and urea reduction systems are also tested. In principle, experts check everything - from the steering to the chassis - that serves traffic safety.
- An experienced expert checks the brake pads, examines the axles and looks at the joints and wheel suspensions.
- Whether your car is leaking fluids or whether all seals are intact is just as relevant as severe corrosion.
- The light test takes place at the end. To do this, every light, including the number lighting and taillights, must shine brightly. At this point, the approved lighting according to StVZO must be taken into account.
- If you have a long-range light regulation, the setting next to the headlights must be correct.
The main inspection also includes comparing the chassis number with your vehicle documents. Once the test has been completed, you will be given the badge. In the event of defects, your vehicle must return to the TÜV with the repaired complaints within four weeks. If you encountered errors during your preliminary check, have them rectified in the workshop. Many workshops offer the Dekra service at the same time and therefore make repairs cheaper.
Would you like to compare prices and conveniently book a general inspection near you online? Then use the AutoScout24 workshop portal.
Book the main inspection now
- Why is lysosome called sucidal bag
- What are cyber crooks
- Why did Ansett Australia fall
- Edward Snowden was ethical
- A phonetic symbol is necessary
- What is your coldest experience with someone
- When were single-use cameras invented?
- Who were abolitionists
- What does it cost to sow hemp
- Which carbonium ion is the most stable
- How common is Listeria monocytogenes in France
- What is the chapel's parallel programming language
- Reads a new trend these days
- Information security is a lucrative career
- How can you destroy sensitive documents quickly?
- Is the IJSR UGC approved
- How can boxers prevent cauliflower ears
- Can nicotine be detected in the urine
- Hindi language dictation on iPhone
- What is existentialism in philosophy
- Chronic boredom is a mental disorder
- Be wrong about looking at calendars
- Schools should teach boys to sew
- What would Google make more popular