Why is time a variable
to directory mode
The general case - variable acceleration
The acceleration is not always constant during a process. For example, a trip on the subway can be roughly divided into three intervals:
- in the acceleration process
- driving at constant speed
- in the braking process at the next stop
If one assumes that the acceleration is constant in each of these three sub-areas of the movement, then these can be treated individually according to one of the special cases listed above. The necessary initial conditions result from the final speed or the location of the previous section.
Task: subway ride
A subway arrives at the stop and accelerates up to the speed of. Then it drives on at a constant speed. When do you have to start slowing it down if you want it to come to a stop at the next station that is away? It can be braked with.
- 1st interval: Accelerate from up to
- The train accelerates with it. It accelerates until it has reached the driving speed of. Therefore, with the start time and a start speed, the following applies: This results in the point in time: Until the subway has accelerated to its travel speed, it covers the following distance with the start path:
- 3. Interval: Decelerate from to
- Which way is required to bring the subway to a standstill from when there is a deceleration? : During this time, the train continues the route: The speed of the subway at the point in time is, therefore.
- 2. Interval: Driving at constant speed from to
- Since the two underground stations are distant and are covered when accelerating or braking, the train still has to travel the way in the second time interval: It needs the time to do this: The braking process must therefore be started at the following point in time:
Normally, however, the subway will not be able to travel at constant speeds on its way because it has to travel more slowly in some places because of a curve or a construction site. The acceleration during start-up and braking is also not constant.
- Work order: Work order 1
Start the project with the blue arrow key. The acceleration can be adjusted with the slider. The graphs are drawn by pressing the start button.
So the acceleration is a function of time. In order to answer the question about the speed and the location, the acceleration has to be integrated. This does not always have to be fundamentally possible for accelerations that can be changed at will. In this case we come back to the previously considered decomposition of the movement into sub-intervals. If these are chosen to be sufficiently small, the movement can be calculated approximately. This method is called numerical calculation.
- Work order: Work order 2
Solve the subway task using the acceleration-time and speed-time graphs by using the areas under the graphs to calculate the speed and distance!
Solution to work order 2
- All companies must use Scrum
- How does childhood affect marriage?
- You can request a Walmart security material
- What are OFX plugins
- What is 10 2 3
- Have you made up your mind to become a parent?
- Why is the dispenser so important
- What is your favorite green cabbage salad recipe
- How does SnapChat's Snapcode work
- What is the value of 2 2
- What are some hip hop songs
- Why do we use surgical amplifiers
- Can I export chicken to Dubai?
- What were the Marburg files
- Is Soluto dead
- How do moving companies sell homes
- Who is Bardock, the father of Goku
- How do knobs grow on trees
- Electrolysis can occur in nature
- What are some essential things for the Halloween party
- What does well defined mean in math
- How can I avoid getting cold all the time?
- Can beat Real Madrid Barcelona 10-0
- Has George W. Bush publicly supported torture