What is Aikido Dojo
What is aikido
Aikido is a Japanese martial art. In addition to self-defense, the art of movement is in the foreground for us. In self-defense, the aim of Aikido is to make the attacker aware of the pointlessness of his intention to attack. Ideally, attackers and defenders should emerge from the “conflict” without injuries.
There are no competitions in Aikido, rather practicing together is in the foreground.
We practice fixed forms with our partner that are derived from centuries-old fighting techniques. The founder of Aikido Morihei Ueshiba (1883-1969) compiled and supplemented these forms. From these, flowing movements develop over the course of the years of practice.
Aikido is an art of evasion or an unexpected reaction. The attack is rerouted in order to then give the movement of the partner (attacker) a direction desired by the defender. The techniques include elements such as throws and levers that can be used to unbalance and hold the partner in place.
Years of practicing together strengthens our attention, flexibility, endurance and strength, and above all the ability to coordinate these aspects with one another.
Anyone who engages in Aikido strengthens themselves physically and mentally for all life situations.
This leads us to the question: What can we learn in Aikido for our daily life?
We learn to observe movement sequences and to convert them into our own movement sequences.
We increase our mobility through constant practice of motion sequences and a special warm-up and stretching program.
We learn to fall and learn to protect ourselves from injury.
We learn to work on our attitude and to assert ourselves against attacks.
We can transfer all of this to everyday life, at work, at home or ultimately “on the street”. Because an Aikido-trained posture signals strength.
- What other musicians deserve a biography
- Do you have an egg head
- Linear regression can be used for classification
- Modi only focuses on foreign policy
- Why are intelligent materials important
- Are our radio waves detectable for extraterrestrial civilizations?
- How important is C in technical interviews
- How can I calculate a stock split
- What does TX mean in medical terms
- What is a base layer in clothing
- Are the good old days really better
- You can sleep at Doha Airport
- Which books influenced Mark Zuckerberg
- Less customers can satisfy more
- What is a grout removing chemical
- What are the characteristics of Zen Buddhism
- Christian people are free
- What is the peschitta
- A common highlight enhances pregnancy
- Sleep trackers deliver actionable results
- How does medicine explain Trailanga to Swami
- Can we live a life without depression?
- What is the best made car
- Requires energy space