How do I calculate conductivities
Resistance R and conductance G
In an experiment, a copper and a carbon rod were used to determine the difference between the electrical resistance R and the electrical conductance G.
|attempt||Copper rod||Carbon rod|
|Conductor properties||good (conductor material)||bad (resistor material)|
A consumer with a small resistance conducts the current well and therefore has a high conductance. A consumer with a large resistance conducts the current poorly and therefore has a low conductance.
The greater the resistance R, the smaller the conductance G. The greater the conductance G, the greater the current I.
The symbol of the conductance is the capital G.
Unit of measurement
The unit of measure for the conductance is Siemens (S). Usually the values are given in millisiemens (mS) or microsiemens (µS).
|Siemens||1 p||1 p||100 S.|
|Millisiemens||1 mS||0.001 S||10-3 S.|
|Microsiemens||1 µS||0.000 001 S||10-6 S.|
In American literature, the unit Mho is sometimes used instead of Siemens (S) (reverse spelling of Ohm).
The conductance is the reciprocal of the electrical resistance R.
Other related topics:
Electronics simple and easy to understand
The electronics primer is a book about the basics of electronics, components, circuit technology and digital technology.
I want that!
Experience electronics with the "Starter Edition" electronics set
Perfect for beginners and newcomers
- Entry into electronics without prior knowledge
- Quick understanding of components and circuit symbols
- Experiment without a soldering iron: just insert components
More information Order the electronics set now
- 2015 was a bad year for movies
- Does SSC CGL stay the same in 2019
- Is there a way to predict earthquakes?
- Is Pubg Mobile boring or exciting
- What is BE under education
- Why is the task of astronomy difficult to accomplish
- What are style guides in graphic design
- Microsoft changed the interview process
- Absenteeism epileptic seizures aren't a thing
- Breaking Bads El Camino was boring
- How much math does your major need
- A urinary tract infection affects the kidneys
- What software is used in website design
- What Caused Richard Pryor's Fall
- Bisleri is a brand based in India
- What are the best waterproof mascaras
- When will the iPad OS be released?
- How are rivers traced back to their source?
- Is someone from Multan here?
- Where do terrorists live in the Sahel
- The purpose of humanity is unconditional love
- How do you play Call of Duty
- What is Herokus' business model
- What is a hotel guest engagement system