What is the referee ranking in the ICC
Main areas of activity
I have been one of the leading international and national referees for years. Since 1985 I have been active as chairman, sole arbitrator or party-nominated arbitrator (ICC, DIS, LCIA, PCA as well as other arbitration institutions and ad hoc).
The subject of the arbitration proceedings are predominantly disputes from international and national commercial and company law, post M&A, foreign investments, energy law and plant construction.
My work as a lawyer before the Federal Court of Justice focuses on proceedings from all areas of commercial law, in particular on the annulment and enforcement of arbitral awards, including investment arbitration.
Collaboration on ZPO and rules for arbitration
• Member of the working group of the Federal Ministry of Justice and Consumer Protection - BMJV - since 2016 to review German arbitration law (§§ 1025 ff. ZPO),
• Participation in the DIS arbitration in 1998 and 2018,
• Co-author of IBA - Rules on the Taking of Evidence in International Commercial Arbitration 1999 and 2010,
• Co-author IBA - Guidelines on Conflicts in International Arbitration 2004,
• Observer at UNIDROIT for the Principles of International Commercial Contracts 2010.
• Board member of the German Institution for Arbitration - DIS -,
• Advisory board of the Heidelberg Center for International Litigation and Dispute Settlement Law at the University of Heidelberg,
• Member of the ICC - Commission on International Arbitration,
• Member of the Swiss Arbitration Association - ASA -,
• Former Vice President of the German Association for International Law (German branch of the International Law Association - ILA -),
• Past Co-Chair of the ICC Task Force on Guidelines for ICC Expertise Proceedings,
• Past Vice Chair of the IBA - Committee on Arbitration (Committee D),
• Past Vice President of the European Users' Council of the London Court of International Arbitration - LCIA.
• CIArb Panel, London,
• Hong Kong International Arbitration Center (HKIAC),
• Kuala Lumpur Regional Center for Arbitration (klrc),
• Permanent Court of Arbitration (PCA) (International Court of Arbitration), The Hague, appointment as presiding arbitrator,
• Singapore International Arbitration Center (SIAC),
• Vienna International Arbitration Center (VIAC), Vienna.
- Are we aware of our consciousness
- Which philosopher had the most appropriate theory of knowledge?
- Is that a real Pokemon card
- What will you wear for Purim
- Why do online videos sometimes lag?
- Widespread access to wireheading would destroy society
- What were your first experiences in gardening
- Why aren't all harmful drugs banned?
- Is Facebook really good for me
- Who founded Enlte
- Why was the concept of resilience created
- Can Virtualbox work without a host operating system
- What made you a Python language expert
- What is a good SQL boot camp
- What does education 1
- How is time related to art?
- What is an external link 2
- Is zombie better than the walking dead
- How do I check stocks technically
- When did Poseidon die?
- Why is the sun getting hotter
- Does apple cider really burn fat
- Why can't I work smart?
- Why is Bugs Bunny called that