What is a first aid box
It belongs in a first aid kit
Every home (and every car!) Should be equipped with a full first aid kit, so that you can act directly in an emergency and prevent worse things from happening. A First aid kit (or First aid kit) should be equipped so that you can use both minor injuriesas well as respond appropriately to more serious emergencies. Make sure you and your family are protected and prepared for injuries and emergencies. In spite of everything, even the best first aid kit does not replace a doctor. If in doubt, always call the emergency services.
Keep the first aid kit in an easily accessible place but out of the reach of children. Older children, on the other hand, should have been familiarized with the first aid kit, know where it is and what it is used for.
First aid kits can be bought ready-made, but you can also assemble them yourself according to your personal needs. In the following you will find out what you need to consider and what must not be missing.
One is best suited for the box waterproof and sufficiently spacious plastic container / case. You may opt for a clear box so you can see what's inside, or a specific color / label so that you and your family can't mix it up and see it right away. Your family members should know where the first aid kit is and how to properly use it.
Check the expiration dates of the content at least every six months and replace the products if necessary.
A life-threatening allergy, an asthma attack or an epileptic seizure can surprise you at any time. Make sure fAlways have medicine at home for emergencies like this. In addition, the following items should not be missing in your first aid kit:
- Anti-fibrous agents (preferably several, with different active ingredients)
- Muscle relaxants
- Hydrocortisone cream
This article explains why you shouldn't take expired medication.
Furthermore, bandages and materials to treat injuries should not be missing in your first aid kit:
- Associations of various sizes. To join smaller cuts and scratches.
- Bandage closures / plasters in various sizes. To hold the wound edges of minor injuries together.
- Triangular bandage. To wrap injuries and tie an arm sling.
- Elastic bandage. To join wrists, ankles, knees or elbows.
- Rolled gauze and 5 and 10 cm pads. To treat larger cuts and wounds.
- duct tape. To fix the gauze.
- Sharp scissors with rounded ends. To cut tape, gauze, or clothing.
- Safety pins. To close splints and bandages.
- Antiseptic wipes. To disinfect wounds or hands.
- Antibiotic ointment. To disinfect wounds or protect them from infection.
- Instant cool packs, disposable. To cool injuries and burns.
- tweezers. To remove small splinters, objects, bee stings or ticks from the skin (for how to remove ticks correctly, refer to the first aid guide).
- Hydrogen peroxide. To clean and disinfect wounds.
- thermometer. To measure the temperature. Use a rectal thermometer for children under one year of age. Do not use a mercury thermometer.
- Latex-free gloves. To protect hands and reduce the risk of infection when treating open wounds.
You have never looked at one First aid course took part? It's time to change that! In a first aid course, you will learn how to behave correctly in an emergency. These one-day courses can potentially save lives. First aid courses and cardiopulmonary resuscitation courses are offered by hospitals, the fire service, outpatient service providers and various non-profit organizations.
More health tips and useful advice from MD Thordis Berger can be found here.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE NEWSLETTER HERE
- Vultures fly as high as eagles
- How do you rate the business development efforts
- Are redheads hot
- Will a libertarian ever become president
- Are brass instruments harder than wooden ones
- Is it a bad thing to be boring?
- Support QuickBooks the latest GST billing
- Salt decomposes plastic
- Dreams are more than just ideas
- Why do high school business classes suck
- Is almond butter healthy?
- What are the basic characteristics of protochord data
- Is NIIT better
- A brain tumor can cause anxiety
- What are the best VCs in France
- Are baby food bags healthy for babies
- What makes a good maker space
- Can someone go to jail for jaywalking?
- How do database-driven web applications work
- How can you study successfully
- Which liquid has the highest specific heat
- You can refreeze raw beef
- What is an SG 443 carbine
- Are there stone fish in the Caribbean