Do you make to-do lists
Time management for professionals: this is how you put an end to procrastination!
“Time is money” or quality of life?
Before you get into your time management, take a moment to answer two key questions:
- What do you want more time for?
- What do you do with the time you have saved?
More time through Time management is an illusion. The hoped-for gap is filled again very quickly. Know what exactly you want to achieve. What are the needs behind your goal?
EXTRA: You never have time? 5 ways out of the hamster wheel [+ checklist]
Unmask time thieves
You probably know them Everyday time thieves. To expose them, make a list of your biggest time thieves. Now think about how you could make the problem worse. For example, with the question: “How could I let more time be stolen from me?” Write down everything you can think of - even if it feels strange. The more weird, the better. Do you have a beautiful one Collection of problem amplifiers found? Then underline any of those things that you are already doing and turn it off immediately. You reverse the other statements and find new solutions. The point here is not to eliminate any small talk or welcome distraction, but to identify your time thieves and new strategies for action to develop.
Thought experiment: the journey won
In the next step, check out yours Tasks in a new context at. Imagine you won a trip. Next week you are going to fly wherever you want for a month. Now write down:
- Which tasks can be omitted?
- Which areas of responsibility can you delegate to whom?
- Who will represent you for customer inquiries / inquiries from the management?
- What tasks do you have to carry out yourself until then?
- What work do you still want to do on the plane?
This exercise will help you set priorities. Take this opportunity to check which tasks can be omitted in principle. What do you do out of habit without
that it brings you closer to your goals? Question the Use your tasks. So you can focus on your really important tasks. And by the way, your motivation will increase.
What you can get today ...
Do you know that? Are there important tasks on your to-do list that should have been completed long ago? But you take care of everything else, just not them
high priorities. You have made it up to you and yet it is still not done. The spirit is willing ...?
Again and again we put things on the back burner, take care of them at the last minute or find lots of excuses. If that happens to you a lot, you're into the Procrastination trap tapped. It's the good old procrastination.
EXTRA: Procrastination: 3 strategies to never procrastinate again
Did you know that putting off something can also be beneficial? Sometimes things take care of themselves. Or the next day it just becomes easier for us. Then it's perfectly fine and you can lean back.
What often happens is that we are for short-term sense of achievement - the rapid dopamine surge - leaving the seemingly big or uncomfortable tasks behind. Studies have shown that procrastination limits performance and can even make you sick. Stress, depression, anxiety and fatigue can be the result. Is this a convincing argument to optimize your time management and develop new strategies? Pick up a pen and paper.
Get on the trail of yourself
Think about which tasks you don't complete or keep postponing:
- What are these activities exactly?
- How often does it happen?
- What if you leave the task unfinished?
- What are you doing instead?
- Do you avoid something and / or always make it up?
the last minute?
- What do you think and feel in these situations?
- How could you turn the procrastination into a striking
- Which picture or symbol would fit?
Find the positive
Which positive intention or what is the benefit of procrastinating?
- What advantages do you find on closer inspection?
- What do you need to do the job?
Realize that not making a decision is also a decision.
Think about how you can achieve the positive intention differently. Find at least three options and play them new behaviors in your imagination with all your senses. What is changing in your behavior? What feelings do you perceive?
Flip the switch
What knowledge have you gained and how can you do your Optimize time management? Gradually change your behavior. What could a first small success be? Which resources (skills, strengths, people ...) can support you in implementation? Determine your first step - preferably within the next 72 hours - to get into DOING. Praise yourself for the first positive changes and train them in the mind. This is how you reduce stress and take care of one efficient work organization. So that you can calmly cope with your challenges.
- Will makeup cover a hickey
- What is the scope for learning AngularJS
- Will remove Instagram fake followers
- How can I write a better shayari
- How the NASA SOLAR PROBE starts
- Are impure metals sproede
- What did teachers do that frustrated you
- What is the high point of mathematics
- How are SAT tests created
- What is Spathology
- How did the Empire replace Clone Troopers
- When did Superman first fight Darkseid?
- The GOP is Reagan's party
- Is your elementary school assessment really important
- What is N and L in electricity
- How is the Koran different from modern science?
- How many cats are too many
- Who is considered a cancer survivor
- IMessage has an API
- Is Google bad for our cognitive development?
- What is corporate governance and risk management
- Why do high school business classes suck
- Why are memory leaks bad
- What can computer chips be made of?