Can recover burnt grass
Burned lawn in intense heat: These first aid measures will help
A burnt lawn is a nuisance for all gardening enthusiasts. With the right help, you can not only remove the brown spots again, but also prevent problems of this kind from arising in the first place. To do this, however, you have to pay attention to important details in your green space.
A burnt lawn can have different causes. It arises not only when the solar radiation is too strong for a long time, but also when the watering is wrong, the stalks are shortened too much and the fertilizer is incorrect.
These strains prevent scorched lawns
First of all, pay attention to the type of grasses in your garden. A distinction is made here between so-called sun and shadow leaves. The first group is a variety that desires long exposure to the sun and can also implement it. Photosynthesis enables these leaves to use light and heat. If the long phases of the sun are permanently absent, brown spots usually form.
More on the subject of home and garden
The reverse is true for shadow leaves. These are sensitive to solar radiation and dry out quickly as a result. It is helpful to adapt the corresponding varieties to the conditions in your garden: Trees often cast large patches of shadow, here the use of shadow leaves is recommended. If certain areas have changing conditions, you can mix the seeds together before sprinkling.
Although the lawn needs nutrients, too much or too little fertilizer can also cause the lawn to burn.
Dog urine has the same effect as excessive fertilizer. Too much will burn the lawn. This is particularly common because dogs like to urinate in the same place. If a dog is relieving himself on your lawn, you should immediately water this area sufficiently to prevent scalding.
Further help for a healthy lawn
A burnt lawn can also result from an incorrectly chosen time for mowing. If you use the evening hours in particular on the summer days, the interfaces on the blades of grass have time to heal overnight. In addition, the plant is then not busy with photosynthesis and can concentrate its forces on regeneration.
Watering is also an important part of lawn care. It is best to add a good portion of water to the green either in the morning or in the evening. Avoid the midday hours with the strong sunlight: Because of the burning glass effect caused by the water droplets illuminated by the sun, the plants can die from the heat.
First aid measures
If your lawn is burned, there are four simple steps you can take to save it:
- Fertilize Your lawn according to the manufacturer's instructions. Pay close attention to the dosage instructions and use fertilizer that is suitable for your soil type. A soil analysis can help you make the right choice. But you can also get advice from the local specialist retailer or hardware store. The employees often also know about the condition of the soil. The right time to fertilize is in the evening, as soon as the sun is no longer shining so intensely on the green area.
- Water Your lawn sufficiently after fertilizing it. This is much better than too little: The fertilizer seeps away together with the water and the grass can absorb the urgently needed liquid.
- Gentle Your lawn. Allow the stalks to relax a little and do not strain them too much.
- Water Your lawn adequately every night. On cloudy or rainy days, it is enough to water the ground every other day.
- After 1.5 weeks, regrowing, healthy lawn can be seen.
If no new blades of grass grow back after this treatment, you should scarify the lawn and then sow new lawn in the burned areas.
If these measures do not help and no new lawn has formed after a month, you should recreate the lawn and rely on more robust varieties. You can find out which ones are suitable for your needs in this overview.
- Why have most African state policies failed
- Will Doctor Strange return in Avengers Endgame
- How do the smartphones run waterproof?
- What makes a successful product
- What do TV model numbers mean
- Should I retire to college?
- What is the best coaching for NID
- What is your definition of knowledgeable
- How do I avoid farting during sex
- What is 3 + 4
- How good is Carnegie Mellon University
- Why is my Wii controller not working
- What is the full form of newspapers
- Which philosopher had the best philosophies?
- NYC MTA drivers can take tips
- What are some cool emojis
- Every planet is completely round
- Why is universal health care so cheap
- Where can I find reviews from lawyers
- How is this algorithm solved
- What is content writing and ghost writing
- How was ballet invented
- How can you motivate yourself to increase sales
- What three words will save a marriage?