Which country is better Jamaica or Trinidad
The best time to travel to the Caribbean: pay attention to the hurricane season!
Now plan your Caribbean vacation at the best travel time and explore the dreamy islands in perfect weather. All information about weather, a climate table for the Caribbean and travel tips can be found here.
The best travel time for the Caribbean & climate table
- Best travel time: Mid-November to April
- Rainy season: May until October
- Hurricane season: June to November; however, not all Caribbean islands are within the hurricane belt
Caribbean - White palm beaches and emerald green sea
They are synonymous with sun, white Palm beaches and emerald green sea with bathtub temperature: the islands of the Caribbean. The area in the west of the Atlantic Ocean off Central America is huge and extends from the Bahamas in the north to the coast of Venezuela in the south and from Belize in the west to Barbados in the east. More than 40 million people of various origins live on the islands and archipelagos scattered across the sea - from African to European, Creole, Indian and Chinese.
Geographically, the Caribbean is individed into two regions: Bahamas, Cuba, Jamaica, Haiti, Dominican Republic and Puerto Rico belong to the Greater Antilles. The first thing you encounter south of Florida is the Greater Antilles. To the south of it are the Lesser Antilles with the chain of islands made up of many small islets, which are subdivided again into the islands over the wind such as Antigua, Guadeloupe, Martinique St. Lucia, Barbados, Grenada, Trinidad and Tobago. And to the islands under the wind like Aruba, Bonaire, Curacao and Isla Margarita.
Europe's winter is the perfect time for the Caribbean
The climate is tropical and subtropical with trade winds that have a strong effect on the respective weather. The average annual temperatures and also water temperatures fluctuate only slightly and are similarly warm on all islands. In January, the daytime temperatures in the climate table are 22 degrees, at night the thermometer never moves below 17 degrees - including the values of the many mountains and volcanoes up to 3000 meters high.
However, the amount of precipitation and the rainy seasons vary considerably between the islands. The rule of thumb for the ideal travel time is: When it gets wintry in Europe, there are wonderful conditions for bathing holidaymakers in the Caribbean. When it is summer at home, large parts of the Caribbean island world are threatened with rain and storm. Exceptions are the southernmost of the Lesser Antilles, where the rainy seasons are weak and hurricanes rarely occur. For plant lovers, the months of April to June are likely to be the most appealing, when everything on the islands is green and blooming.
The peculiarities of the Caribbean
The hurricane season in the Caribbean runs from June to November. But: Not all Caribbean islands are within the hurricane belt and therefore have no or a different hurricane season. The rainy season and the best travel time also deviate from the norm on some Caribbean islands. Below you will find various travel destinations in the Caribbean where the hurricane season, rainy season or the optimal travel time differ.
- Bahamas: Ideal travel time from November to May,
- Barbados: The ideal travel time is from December to April, the rainy season from June to November, and the hurricane season from July to October.
- ABC islands: Ideal travel time from December to May, from September to December it can rain. Aruba, Bonaire and Curacao are outside the hurricane zone.
- Trinidad and Tobago: Ideal travel time from January to May, the rainy season from June to December. The island state is located south of the hurricane belt, where storms are usually not as severe as on more northerly Caribbean islands.
- Cuba: Ideal travel time from December to April, hurricane season from June to November.
- Jamaica: Ideal travel time from December to April; May and June as well as September and October have rainy seasons, hurricanes can occur from August to November.
- Puerto Rico: Ideal travel time from Christmas to Easter, the rainy season is comparatively weak, tropical storms from June to November.
- Dominican Republic: Ideal travel time from December to April, rainy season from mid-May to November, hurricane season from June to November.
A travel tip for your cruise through the Caribbean
An increasingly popular way to explore the vast area of the Caribbean with its many charming islands is by cruise ship. Most start from the US mainland. Excursions on shore leave are much cheaper if you don't organize them via the ship, but take this little adventure into your own hands.
It pays to preface your Caribbean cruise with a Florida vacation. The best time to travel to Florida (November to April) is almost the same as the best time to travel to the Caribbean islands. There are more rainy days between May and September and the hurricane season is shorter than the season in the Caribbean with a period from mid-July to September.
- Why is Andrew Yang asking at 3
- How much do mini computers cost
- Which script program is used at Lucasfilm?
- How can a math phobia love math
- Who developed the Voot app
- What do Swedes think of Abba
- Why isn't 10 10 1010
- Why is politics so controversial
- How does Cognizant compare to Infosys
- Why is YouTube more popular than Dailymotion
- What is most important to hardware performance
- What does shipping exception mean
- What is a recursion implementation
- How does a sport mode drive
- Can Superman become a green lantern
- What is a tin scream
- What is a 7 nanometer processor
- What is the russian word for to enter
- Why are dogs loyal but cats are not
- Which iPhone should I buy in 2018
- How can I learn guitar modes quickly
- What recipe makes the best fried clams
- What allows the FTC to impose fines?
- How many students attend Stanford