What are an old good political book
"Alte Säcke Politik" - Prize The political book 2017 goes to Wolfgang Gründinger
The social scientist, journalist and lobbyist Wolfgang Gründinger received this year's "The Political Book" award from the Friedrich-Ebert-Stiftung for his book "Alte Säcke Politik. How we gamble away our future".
The prize, one of the most important non-fiction book prizes in the German-speaking world, is endowed with 10,000 euros. It will be presented on May 10, 2017 at a ceremony in Berlin.
The jury praised Gründinger's "Alte Säcke Politik" as an ingenious, controversial and brilliantly written contribution to the debate about a future-oriented, generational concept of society. In his polemic, he advocates a paradigm shift towards the concerns of future generations and examines wide areas in politics and society for their future viability: pensions, wages, digitization, education, the tax system. On the basis of concrete recommendations for action, he calls for greater consideration of young interests and makes suggestions as to how different values and priorities of old and young can be reconciled. (Wolfgang Gründinger: Old sacks of politics. How we gamble away our future, Gütersloher Verlagshaus, Gütersloh / Munich 2016, 223 pages)
The "The Political Book" prize is awarded annually for an outstanding new publication that critically deals with current socio-political issues, provides trend-setting impulses for thought and debate and makes its content understandable to a broad audience. Previous winners include Swetlana Alexijewitch, Norberto Bobbio, Hans Magnus Enzensberger, Václav Havel, Richard Sennett, Heinrich August Winkler, Colin Crouch and Thomas Piketty.
Information on the prize and further reading recommendations by the jury can be found at: http://www.fes.de/daspolitischebuch/index.php
Contact: Alina Fuchs, managing director of the jury
030 26935-7327, Alina.Fuchs (at) fes.de
- What is quantum encryption
- ENT doctors think for themselves
- Why is my friend extremely quiet
- Is sodium carbonate a basic salt
- How is cooking oil made from seeds
- What is the theme of the film Wiedergaenger
- What's the weirdest subreddit you've come across
- A perfect lifestyle means something
- The magnetic force has only one size
- Can homeopathy cure stomach cancer
- What is factor VIII
- Can Trump cure poverty
- What is initiation polymerization
- How was the University of South Carolina founded
- What are the different ways to learn
- How do we lobby at MUN
- How can digital marketers strengthen domain authority
- How dangerous are rattlesnakes with Eastern diamonds
- Who developed the Voot app
- Will Apple devalue the Siri brand?
- How did Dave Brubeck sound live?
- How do extremophiles survive mass extinction?
- Where do cathode rays begin
- Will Joker be the last Batman movie