What is the graph for 4e x
Draw the E function and the exponential function
In this section we will deal with drawing E-functions and exponential functions. We will first explain what it is all about and what Euler's number is.
In the respective sections we will go into more detail about what is behind these two types. For those with little time, however, a short introduction: An exponential function is a function of the form f (x) = ax, for example f (x) = 2x or f (x) = 5x. Here a> 0 and a ≠ 1 must be. Such a function increases very quickly, especially with a capital a.
The E-function is basically described with f (x) = ex or the equation y = ex. Often, however, E-functions also include f (x) = eax + b or f (x) = k · eax + b understood, for example equations of the type y = e2x or y = e5x. The e is the so-called Euler's number, which occurs in many scientific and technical functions. In the equation we insert the rounded value e = 2.718 (or alternatively use the "e" from the calculator).Show:
Draw an exponential function
After we have already drawn linear functions as well as quadratic functions, we now also want to draw an exponential function. The procedure is very similar to that of the functions just mentioned. First a table of values is created again and the function is drawn with it. If you are not familiar with this yet, you should first take a careful look at the two articles just mentioned. This knowledge is required for the following example. In this, y = 2x drawn. But first take a look yourself:
And that's how it works:
- Create a value table
- Insert different values for x and use them to calculate y
- Enter the value pairs in the coordinate system
- Connect the value pairs with a curve
That was it. As with linear and quadratic functions, different values must first be inserted into the equation. Normally, different x-values are used with which y is then calculated. The value pairs - for example x = 3 and y = 8 - are then entered in the coordinate system. If you have entered a few points, you draw the curve (for example with my hand as I did).Show:
Draw E function
Now we come to an E-function. As a reminder: The E-function is basically described with f (x) = ex or the equation y = ex. Often, however, E-functions also include f (x) = eax + b or f (x) = k · eax + b understood, for example equations of the type y = e2x or y = e5x.
The e is the so-called Euler's number, which occurs in many scientific and technical functions. In the equation we insert the rounded value e = 2.718 (or alternatively use the "e" from the calculator). And then proceed as always when drawing functions: Draw a table of values, insert different values for x and thus calculate y, draw the coordinate system, enter pairs of values and draw a curve.
Tip: Read through our examples again thoroughly and then do the exercises. Only through extensive practice can one become confident in drawing functions. (Note: the exercises are currently being created).
Who's OnlineWe have 175 guests online
- How long has Cutie Oranges been around?
- Why is the goodwill being written off
- What is half of Frac 70 70
- What's up with Ramanand Sagar Ramayan
- What makes non-ionizing radiation non-ionizing
- What is 10 10 10 14
- Why is CLV important in customer analysis
- Can writing make you rich
- What is the chemical structure of Stendra
- Synapses are the bottleneck of the brain
- What exploits was John McCain known for?
- Who is HIPAA really protecting?
- What is the best origami
- Is there a difference between swelling inflammations
- How dangerous is East Saint Louis really
- How is Zach Galifianakis personally
- Can you help a good stranger
- Why do schools have compulsory ESL lessons
- What are the best companies for continuous integration
- C What is faster for or for everyone
- Are algorithms the basis for problem solving?
- Dracula is based on a real person
- How do loans work in professional football
- How much does 250 ml of water weigh