What is a tree bench in linguistics
Tree bench (linguistics)
A Tree bench (EnglishTreebank), also parsed body, is a text corpus in which every sentence has been parsed, i.e. annotated with a syntactic structure. The term tree bank refers to the fact that the syntactic structure is usually represented as a tree structure.
Tree banks are often created on corpora that have already been annotated with part-of-speech tags. In addition, tree banks are sometimes expanded with semantic or other linguistic information.
Tree banks can manually be created by linguists annotating each sentence with syntactic structure, but also semi-automaticso that a parser automatically assigns syntactic structure, which is then checked by a linguist and, if necessary, corrected. In practice, the complete checking and parsing of natural language texts is a labor-intensive process.
Some tree banks follow a particular linguistic theory in their syntactic annotation (e.g. the BulTreeBank with HPSG), but most are less theory-specific. Nevertheless, two groups can essentially be distinguished: Tree banks that annotate the phrase structure (e.g. Penn Treebank or ICE-GB), and those that annotate the dependency structure (e.g. Prague Dependency Treebank or the Quranic Arabic Dependency Treebank).
- Werner Kallmeyer, Gisela Zifonun (Ed.): Language corpora - amount of data and progress in knowledge. Walter de Gruyter GmbH & Co KG, Berlin 2007, ISBN 978-3-11-019273-5.
Media used on this page
- Hillary Clinton believes in God
- Will Pink Floyd ever play together again?
- Is your elementary school assessment really important
- Where is this Iceland
- What are some sample codes for blockchain
- Why did my Instagram unsubscribe me
- Which comes first equality liberty or justice
- What is a corrupt quality
- What are the new cool English words
- How do we say interesting in Korean
- Is jesus god or a prophet
- Israel banished Arabs from Israel
- Is ios better than Windows for PC
- What are the best columns from Bill Simmons
- Can you join two clubs in high school
- What disappointed you about moving to Missouri
- Why is the Champions League played in the evening?
- Is it boycotting Korean culture?
- Who invented the 1st plasma television
- The American lobster is an invasive species
- Where does Parthenium come from
- How bad for the environment
- What's the best alternative to ScheduleFly
- Is Ken Ham fooled
- Why does NYC have its own taxes
- What is systems analysis and design process
- What is Tiger Woods Golf Handicap
- Why is English the shortest possible language
- Are braces insured
- Why didn't Thanos reverse Gamora's death?
- What are jelly donuts filled with
- When does admission to MAPC MA Psychology begin?
- Missiles will replace standard artillery
- Which fridge is best to buy