Where can I buy E100 ethanol fuel
Ethanol - bioethanol fuel E50 E85 & E100
What is ethanol
Ethanol bioethanol is produced from various biomass materials such as corn, potatoes, cheese whey, wood.
When ethanol is used as a transport fuel, it is called bioethanol. Most often, bioethanol is sold under the name E85, which consists of 85% alcohol fuel (ethanol) and 15% gasoline. There are also the designations E50 (50% bioethanol and 50% gasoline) and E100 (100% bioethanol)
Which cars can be run on bioethanol?
In general, all cars can be operated with up to a maximum of 10% bioethanol without the need for conversion. (Bioethanol is already mixed in with many petrol at the petrol station.)
There are also so-called FFC (Flexi Fuel Cars) or FFV (Flexi Fuel Vehicles) which are designed to run on 100% petrol as well as on E85.
Ethanol or ethyl alcohol is what everyone calls "alcohol" for short. This substance is also known under the names: ethyl alcohol, ethanol, spirit, denatured alcohol or alcohol, EtOH.
Ethanol has a positive pole on the carbon atom to which the oxygen is bound. Here the oxygen attacks during the oxidation.
Ethanol is colorless, miscible with water in all proportions, reacts exothermically with water and binds water in the process. It is also partly lipophilic. When mixed with water, there is a volume contraction and heat development: z. B. 52 parts by volume of ethanol and 48 parts by volume of water give not 100, but only 96.3 parts by volume of the mixture; the contraction is greatest when the volume of the components is approximately the same. The ethanol content of aqueous mixtures cannot simply be calculated, but only taken from tables according to the density; it is therefore more appropriate to calculate with% by weight.
Clear, colorless, spicy smelling and burning tasting, easily flammable, hygroscopic liquid that burns with a faint blue glowing flame to form carbon dioxide and water after:
Total oxidation of ethanol: CH3-CH2-OH + 3 O2 2 CO2 + 3 H2O
Ethanol can also be used as fuel For Internal combustion engines used, but needs about 1/3 more mass than gasoline (renewable raw materials) for the same amount of energy.
|Methanol||Bioethanol||Gasoline (87 octane)||E85|
|Corresponds to||1.8 liters||1.5 liters||1 liter||1.4 liters|
|Km per liter||55%||70%||72%|
|HP more power||4% more||5% more||standard||3% - 5% more|
The contribution of bio-ethanol to climate policy
The substitution of gasoline by ethanol is not to be expected without economic or fiscal policy measures. At today's oil prices, ethanol is far from being competitive with fossil fuels. In the best case scenario, the production costs for bio-ethanol in Germany are 0.45-0.55 € / l petrol equivalent. A level of € 0.80-0.90 / l gasoline equivalent is more likely.22 In contrast, the pre-tax prices for gasoline are € 0.20 / l.23 For this reason, the tax exemption for biofuels was introduced, otherwise the mineral oil industry would not make any admixtures. Original considerations to introduce a compulsory admixture by law were discarded in favor of the tax exemption. This preference for biofuels brought about by economic policy can only make economic sense if it can be used to achieve other important economic policy goals. In the case of biofuels, the most important goals initially are the protection of fossil fuel reserves, especially crude oil, and climate protection. If these goals are achieved through the use of ethanol, a positive contribution for agriculture could result. In order to determine the extent to which resources are conserved when gasoline is substituted by ethanol, it is advisable to draw up an energy balance. This gives an overview of the use of fossil fuels in the production of ethanol, which can be compared with the saved energy content of gasoline. This can be used to calculate the net savings in fossil fuels when using ethanol.
- Is Shopify available in Argentina
- How does photosynthesis take place in lamplight
- What happens when you breathe underwater
- Will Doctor Strange return in Avengers Endgame
- What is the Russian word for stress
- What is the cultural food in Dubai
- Are we becoming more collective or individual
- What's the big deal about Dash
- How do neurotransmitter muscle contractions take place
- Why do meteorologists use weather maps
- Did Barack Obama ever visit Antarctica?
- Artificial intelligence could create humans
- How do I ferment dairy products
- How do I jailbreak my PS3?
- Do I need Ethernet and the Internet
- Supports the Moto Z VoLTE
- Information technology is difficult to study
- Difficult to learn the guitar
- Who would rule El Clasico today?
- Does matplotlib work with Python 3
- What was Satan so crazy about?
- Which countries teach English grammar
- How do I write functions in DSL
- Very thin people can have powerful voices
- What are some examples of rainfall
- What is Coldplay's newest album
- Who is the Most Underrated Voltron Paladin
- What is a pass band
- Is verbal ability important for the GATE exam?
- What are some interesting facts about hockey
- Can post Instagram gifs
- What happens with cancer
- Why can't language perfectly imitate sounds?
- What is it like to be narcoleptic