Which category will Huawei do next?
Huawei is building the next Nexus model
Huawei is working on a new Nexus smartphone. The possible successor to the Nexus 6P should go on sale this year. Charlene Munilall, General Manager of the Consumer Business Group for the South Africa region at Huawei, announced this to regional press representatives, as reported by Phone Arena.
However, part of their statement also referred to the availability of Nexus smartphones in South Africa. “The Nexus product is a niche product. The tech enthusiasts love it, but there are very few people who buy it. "
The South African mobile operator Cellucity only imported 300 devices for this reason. This year, too, Cellucity will purchase a similarly small number from a distributor. "By the way, we're doing another Nexus this year," Phone Arena quotes the manager.
Since the introduction of the Nexus One, Google's first Nexus smartphone, there have been a total of eight devices with this designation from five different manufacturers. LG was responsible for the Nexus 4, the Nexus 5 and the Nexus 5x, Samsung for the Nexus S and the Galaxy Nexus and HTC for the said Nexus One. Motorola developed the phablet Nexus 6 and Huawei developed its current successor, the Nexus 6P.
According to rumors, Google is said to have already hired HTC for this year's Nexus generation. The Taiwanese company is therefore working on two different models: the T-50 model will have a 5-inch display, the T55 model a 5.5-inch screen. In 2015, Google also presented two devices, the Nexus 5X and the Nexus 6P.
Since Huawei is currently producing a 5.7-inch device for Google with the Nexus 6P, it is reasonable to assume that the new model will also have a display of this size. In addition, market researchers assume that manufacturers are increasingly shifting “their flagship devices to the phablet category”, since the average price of a phablet is significantly higher than that of a normal smartphone.
Admin tips for Office 365
However, the Nexus 6P doesn't seem to be very popular. Apparently to boost sales, Google is currently offering the 5.7-inch smartphone in its Play Store again at a discount of 150 euros. With 32 GB of internal memory, it now costs 499 euros. The 128 GB version is temporarily available for 649 euros. The offer is valid until June 19, 2016. This means that Google is currently undercutting the few free retailers who have the Nexus P in their range.
As in previous years, Google will likely introduce the next generation of Nexus in the fall. Then the next Android version should also be ready. Android N is currently in public beta. It is considered likely that at least one upcoming Nexus model will support the Daydream virtual reality platform integrated in Android N - according to the company's announcement, the first Daydream-enabled smartphones will be available in the fall.
tip: Are you an Android connoisseur? Check your knowledge - with 15 questions on silicon.de
- Why shouldn't robots practice artificial intelligence?
- Can i have new friends
- How did a tortoise get its shell
- Why does a loose connection cause heat?
- What exactly is a vote of confidence
- What can I do to motivate customers
- Is it worth a Netflix India subscription
- Buckingham Palace is free
- How does the G protein activate adenylate cyclase
- How long have restaurants been around
- What are the operations in freight forwarding
- Why are motivational speakers less in India
- What if an ATM pin expires
- How hard should I brush my teeth
- What is the total excess
- Will virtual reality revolutionize the gaming industry
- Do you believe in rock n roll
- Is Chick Fil A overrated
- How are kites made
- Like Christians country music
- What are the concentrations in MPA
- Is Elon Musk really low on cash
- Types of RF Generators
- What are some examples of biochemical compounds
- What is the quantum dot
- Why did JK Rowling make Dumbledore
- When does an INFJ
- How do animals deal with menstrual pain
- What is your opinion on iodized salt
- How do we calculate the NIOS percentage
- Schools in Israel use English
- How are good-looking male psychopaths perceived
- How does Cognizant compare to Infosys