What are the startup industries to see
Startup Monitor 2020: Hopeful founders in the Corona crisis
Startup Monitor 2020: Almost 2,000 startups were surveyed
For an opinion picture as part of the German Startup Monitor 2020, the Federal Association of German Startups and the management consultancy PwC asked 1,946 German startups for their assessment of various aspects. A total of 4,745 founders and almost 26,000 employees from startups took part. The topics of the non-representative survey included the corona crisis, growth potential, political orientations and raising capital. The results were exciting and surprising. “Like the entire economy, startups are affected by the corona pandemic. But founders usually see an opportunity in the crisis and are used to reacting quickly to new situations, "says Franziska Teubert, the managing director of the Federal Association of German Startups e.V., about the Startup Monitor 2020.
The most important findings of the Startup Monitor 2020
The investigation of the almost 2,000 startups revealed surprising and interesting insights. The most important findings of the Startup Monitor 2020 are bundled here and listed according to topic.
74.2 percent of the startups surveyed stated that their business activities were adversely affected by the Corona crisis. Despite the difficult situation, almost all are hopeful about the future, because 90 percent of the young companies have reacted to the crisis with direct countermeasures. Startups in the areas of online networks, e-commerce and online platforms, on the other hand, are crisis-resistant.
Despite the crisis, startups will offer more jobs in 2020 than in the previous year. On average, they employ 14 people and 90 percent of the startups surveyed even want to plan further new hires. The German startups see artificial intelligence as the most important technologies, as this has a major influence on their business model in 43 percent of companies. In contrast to AI, sustainability is an area of growth. Here, too, 43 percent stated that their business model is based on sustainability.
Politics is also an important topic for many of the startups. The preferred party for startups is the Greens. 37 percent would vote for this party, 28.1 percent for the CDU and CSU. The FDP, on the other hand, continues to lose approval, although this party was once the favorite of young founders.
Basically, the Startup Monitor 2020 shows that two out of ten founders have a migration background, the share of employees is 27 percent. It is noticeable that startups in Berlin have the largest proportion of foreign workforce. In Berlin, for example, English is also the working language in 63 percent of startups and only in 30 percent of all German startups. The proportion of women, on the other hand, is low in all German startups. Only 15.9 percent of German founders are female, which means that the proportion has only increased slightly compared to the previous year.
Since the corona crisis made it difficult to raise capital, 43 percent of young companies also see this task as one of the biggest problems. Despite the difficulties, the startups are increasingly relying on external donors. 63 percent said they would use external funding.
- What is a facade doing in Laravel
- What is fully connected neural network
- How do I not use LinkedIn
- What do hedge funds celebrate
- What is New York's most famous landmark
- Thyroid gland may develop while losing weight
- How is the fee structure at SVCE
- How can cucumber slices affect puffy eyes
- Is digital art better than physical art
- How can a Lao citizen visit America
- Can you decipher the word LNEI?
- When is a student loan paid out?
- How do you think about life today
- About logistics services
- Can I help my angels fight evil?
- Glassdoor reviews can be tracked
- Why are cows so beautiful
- Middle school is hard for you
- What are some really effective advertisements
- What is the full form of YTFF
- Loved Robert Baratheon Jaime Lannister
- Do detox drinks work for ETG
- How do I detoxify caffeine
- How common is oral sex in marriage
- Why is printing so important
- What is digital single lens reflex camera
- Is the Pomodoro Technique really helpful
- What are the treatments for diphtheria
- What are the benefits of dermarolling
- What does motivation mean in psychology
- How do I send personal items internationally
- Is b bow of course good at SRM
- Is soba noodle gluten-free
- How to ripen grapes at home