Why do bad leaders have to go
Rope or not rope? - It makes sense to secure at full speed
With this technique, the leader and the led walk simultaneously, connected by a few meters of rope. If the person being led stumbles, the leader must quickly prevent it from turning into a fall. In Switzerland, walking on a short rope is also taught for private rope teams, in Germany and Austria only for state-certified mountain guides. Advantages and disadvantages are weighted differently, there is agreement on the following points:
- The first one must not fall! Because by the time the rope tightens, it has picked up so much speed that it inevitably carries the entire rope team with it. In addition, it must always be superior to the terrain in such a way that it can withstand an additional external force.
- A stumble of the second rope can only be held directly in the approach while walking at the same time. If it leads to a fall, then it is probably too late and the rope team is about to fall!
- As a result, slack ropes or too long ropes are devastating.
- Likewise, the risk of falling increases enormously when walking with more than two rope team members at the same time.
From these points we in Germany conclude that this technique is only an option if there is a clear performance gradient in a rope team and the stronger is willing to accept the higher risk for them. A "leadership situation" arises. In Switzerland, the calming psychological effect of the rope is weighted more strongly - and that when walking without a rope, the hurdle is greater to switch to fixed points in difficult passages to secure. You should also consider: The transition from “rope transport without safety function” to “walking on a short rope with safety function at the same time” is fluid!
- Should roses be pruned before winter
- Why is my cat kneading me
- Why is a nautical mile different?
- In India, modernization really means westernization
- Should be buying Boeing stock
- When did Poseidon die?
- Can we get into architecture after the 10th
- What are the best columns from Bill Simmons
- Why are cells useful for our body?
- What are some sad classical piano pieces
- What is a backpack
- Are anxiety and depression related?
- Where does Elon Musk stand politically
- Who were abolitionists
- Can Motorola phones screen record
- How useful are flowers to us
- Why do people join IIPM
- Is your household clothes optional
- What did Macron Trump actually check for?
- How does Y Combinator earn profit
- Recycle glass
- Can water vapor behave like an ideal gas
- How good is Complan in increasing height
- How can a teenager do business in Mongolia?