VR technology is still growing
Virtual Reality: The creation of new worlds
There are currently two classes of VR devices available on the market:
- High-end headsets such as the Oculus Rift or the HTC Vive, which was co-designed by the game developer Valve, that can be connected to a conventional PC
- Mobile headsets such as Google Daydream, Samsung GearVR or the cardboard Google Cardboard, which are significantly cheaper and work with smartphones
In addition, Sony is working on its Playstation VR system, which will be released for the Playstation 4 at the end of 2016, Microsoft is currently developing the holographic augmented reality solution Hololens, and large chip manufacturers such as AMD and NVIDIA are also researching their own VR modules.
Pioneers in the technology industry assume that VR will shape our everyday life in the next few years and change our media consumption. In addition to games and VR experiences such as climbing Mount Everest or a documentary trip to Pripyat in the "Chernobyl VR Project", VR could then also have a strong influence on media, industry, design, architecture, science, education, medicine, communication - that is on the whole of society. According to a recent forecast from Goldman-Sachs VR revenues will overtake the TV market by 2025. Like televisions, PCs or game consoles today, VR headsets could then be part of the standard equipment in many households. We are at the very beginning of an extremely exciting time as programmers, media professionals and artists try to penetrate this new technology and create innovative experiences.
It is VR is a technology driver in many ways, because the demands on chip speeds, display quality and efficient software are extremely high. At the moment most of the applications are only logical further developments of what has already been experienced. However, VR makes these applications easier to implement, more immersive, and adds an extra layer of interaction, as these examples show:
- IKEA customers can virtually walk through their new kitchen true to scale and with realistic graphics from home.
- The car manufacturer Audi installs VR stations in showrooms in which customers can examine any car configuration almost true to the original.
- The film industry is increasingly investing in VR movies, including the "Story Studio" founded by Oculus itself.
- Sports events could also be broadcast in VR in the near future, from the perspective of a top pitch directly in the stadium.
- Gamers can experience space battles with maximum immersion directly from the cockpit.
- Digital erotic consumers can interact with realistically displayed digital copies of their favorite performers.
The technology is also already in use in the fields of science, therapy and medicine:
- Treatment of phantom pain in amputation patients
- VR-based medical diagnostics, training in surgical techniques, telemedicine and an expanded surgical field of vision
- Therapy of soldiers with PTSD (post-traumatic stress disorder). According to various studies, VR can also be used to treat other anxiety disorders.
- Simulations in the training of pilots, astronauts, train drivers, etc.
If you believe the prediction of the game designer Jesse Schell at the Game Developers Conference 2016, we will already be in 2025 Relive beloved memories in unprecedented immersion with the help of home-made VR home videos can.
- What are your favorite 1940s big bands?
- What are the classified website in america
- Can we download Psiphon for a Mac?
- What problems do students have in NIT Rourkela
- Can you return Walmart medication
- What is water vapor max temperature
- Where does the term hipster come from?
- Who would win Ozymandias or Deathstroke
- Password managers are not hackable
- Is life good in JNV
- May boys girls around 52
- What is your honest opinion about Minecraft
- Which professions use information extraction
- What's the most epic bank robbery ever
- Should morning prayers be done in schools
- How do plants breathe without a lungs
- How does LED lighting affect animals?
- What is progressive supranuclear paralysis 1
- What are advisory stocks
- Which god or goddess do you worship
- How do you wish you a friend
- Which construction software is used in the automotive industry
- What are great ideas for a honeymoon
- Is Obamacare still in effect