What are the best architecture-related apps
The different scenarios at a glance
A basic requirement for every Fiori app is a so-called front-end server. This not only provides the applications, but also acts as an intermediary between the applications and the required data, which is held in the so-called back-end system. Until the SAP Cloud Platform was available from mid-2016, the SAP NetWeaver Gateway systems took over these tasks. With the availability of the SAP Cloud Platform, there are now two scenarios to choose from:
- Fiori apps in our own data center (on-premise architecture)
- Fiori apps in the SAP Cloud Platform (cloud architecture)
On-premise Fiori apps
The SAP NetWeaver Gateway systems are still used for the on-premise variant. These provide all relevant data and services for an application and enable communication with the backend system. There are two possible scenarios in the on-premise area:
- Embedded SAP Gateway System
- Hub SAP Gateway System
As the following figure shows, the gateway system and the back-end system form a unit in the embedded version.
SAP Fiori Architecture - Embedded Gateway System
This setup is proposed by SAP itself in the architecture overview published by SAP itself in February 2019. The advantages of this architecture are lower maintenance requirements and reduced access times.
In the case of the hub variant, on the other hand, the gateway and the back-end system are two dedicated servers, but they are located in the same data center.
SAP Fiori Architecture - Hub Gateway System
In this scenario, more maintenance work is required, but higher availability can be achieved with a dedicated gateway system. The gateway system can also act as a connection point for multiple back-end nodes. A detailed list of the advantages and disadvantages can be found at the end of the blog post.
Fiori apps in the cloud
If the Fiori apps are obtained via the cloud, there is no need to install a gateway system. The functions previously performed by the gateway system are now taken over by the SCP. In this scenario, all Fiori-related services are located within the cloud. The back-end system is still secure in its own data center. So that communication between the cloud platform and the back-end system is possible, the so-called SAP Cloud Connector must also be installed and configured. This scenario then looks like this:
Fiori architecture - cloud scenario
SAP Fiori architecture overview - pros and cons
Now that all Fiori architectural scenarios have been presented, an overview of the advantages and disadvantages is shown. The following table shows these in brief.
SAP Fiori Architecture - Overview
The embedded scenario is recommended by SAP, depending on the initial situation, the other two scenarios can also be considered or are perhaps even the better alternative. I hope that with this post I have been able to give you a small overview of the different architectures and also make you aware of the advantages and disadvantages of the respective variant. If you are still wondering which of the options is most practical for you, please do not hesitate to come back to my colleagues and me.
The basics of HCM authorizations including possible uses of structural and context-dependent authorizations.
As a SAP consultant at mindsquare, the most important thing for me is the success of my customers through excellent advice. I look forward to challenging projects on which I can develop personally and at the same time help my customers to become more effective and efficient. I have extensive knowledge in the areas of SAP HCM and Fiori (individual) development and am available to you at any time if you have any questions or challenges. Apart from everyday work, I like to pick up the guitar, be active in sports or spend my free time with friends and family.
- Which is better an mSATA or SSD
- How does depression affect attention and learning
- How do you minimize the regrets
- People are still buying MP3 players
- Who was the first American president 2
- Why are we taught pi over dew
- Why is Kim Kardashian popular
- What is antivirus software compared to malware
- Which engineering degree should I aim for?
- How can you be a better footballer
- Indians settle easily in Germany
- Twitter hashtags can have spaces
- What is Sinus Syndrome
- Can I create a UN high school model
- What are the categories in VIT
- What is the difference between provolone and mozzarella?
- What are some really effective advertisements
- What are some interesting Chinese customs
- Is AIDS a communicable disease or not
- How can I learn to make meat
- Can i invest in Ujjain MP
- Would you date a man with acne
- How is ozone gas created
- What is 6 6 6 6 4
- How much do you like english
- How is the structure of the AES
- Are brain training games bogus advertisements
- How is gaming as a hobby?
- When did Led Zeppelin make it big?
- How about managing virtual teams
- Who was Luke Skywalker's first padawan
- Why didn't AOL and Yahoo clone Twitter?
- How can a star fruit kill you
- Paula's Choice really works