Works 5 2 weight loss
5: 2 diet: lose weight with only 2 fasting days per week?
Does that sound good! Stick to a diet two days a week, eat normally for the remaining five days and still lose weight. According to the study results on the 5: 2 diet, this is exactly what should work.
But can you lose weight really quickly, or at least in the long term, with this method? And is this form of intermittent fasting also healthy? We took a closer look at what is behind the 5: 2 fasting.
From the 16: 8 method to alternate day fasting: what is it about intermittent fasting?
First in the video: How many calories does fruit really have?Video by Aischa Butt
The study behind the 5: 2 diet
Scientists at Manchester University Hospital, England, compared three diet programs:
The first group ate a Mediterranean diet based on a maximum calorie intake of 1,500 kcal per day.
The second group ate normally five days a week, on two days they were only allowed to consume a maximum of 600 kcal and only 40 grams of the diet was allowed to be carbohydrates.
The last group ate a healthy and balanced diet, but almost completely avoided carbohydrates two days a week. Bread and Co. were taboo, a portion of fruit and vegetables with a low carbohydrate content were allowed.
The surprising result: Groups two and three lost on average almost twice as much as group one, who consistently ate a maximum of 1,500 kcal per day. The percentage of abdominal fat in groups two and three had also decreased more than that of group one.
Eat five days, fast two days
The principle of the 5: 2 diet is very simple. The keyword is: Temporary or intermittent fasting!
Fasting in this context does not mean that you do not have to eat anything and completely forego food. It's all about maintaining a healthy diet despite fasting. But still, an amount of calories must be adhered to:
- Women: a maximum of 500 kcal per day.
- Men: a maximum of 600 kcal per day.
The normal amount of 2000 calories is allowed on the remaining days.
You can decide for yourself on which days you want to fast. It is important that you set two consecutive days to fast.
What can you eat on the "not" fasting days?
Anyone who now believes that they can feast without end on the non-fasting days is mistaken. Also on these days you should pay attention to a healthy, balanced diet with plenty of fresh vegetables and fruit as well as enough protein. Fruit and vegetables should be included with every meal.
The motto is: Eat, yes, but don't overeat! Fast food, sugary drinks, and chocolate should only be eaten in moderation.
Healthy, protein-rich meals can be so delicious: 3 protein-rich recipes that will keep you full for a long time
500 calories during the fasting days
Counting calories is not necessary on fasting days, because there are no guidelines as to what can be eaten. Whether carbohydrates, fat or protein - everyone can eat according to their preferences. However, foods that are high in fiber and protein are best.
Carbohydrates are less good because they don't keep you full for so long. And finally, you only have 500 calories a day.
In plain English this means: lots of vegetables, fruit and fish. It is also important - as with any other diet - that you drink a lot. Water and tea are ideal and make you feel full.
Also read:These foods do not contain carbohydrates
Short-term fasting provides positive impulses in the metabolism. As a result, the dreaded yo-yo effect does not occur so easily, as the body cannot get used to the deficiency.
Recipe ideas for the fasting days:
Bacon and egg muffins for breakfast: 165 kcal / piece
Bacon and egg muffins are great for breakfast, and best of all, they're super easy to make and ready in minutes.
You need (6 servings):
- 12 slices of bacon
- 3 slices of toast
- 6 eggs
- 1 pinch of salt and pepper
- Muffin tin or muffin liners
That's how it works:
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees top / bottom heat.
- Line the indentations of the muffin tray or the muffin tins with bacon on the edge.
- Now debark and crumble the toast slices. Add the crumbs to the bacon in the muffin pan and press firmly.
- Spread the eggs over the muffins.
- Bake the whole thing on the middle rack in the oven for about 10 to 15 minutes. The muffins are ready when the egg white has coagulated.
- Chop the chives and garnish the finished muffins with them.
Also read: 6 Carbohydrate Free Breakfast Recipes
Minced meat and vegetables pan: 329 kcal / portion
You need (2 servings):
- 150 g mushrooms
- 1 bell pepper
- 1/2 zucchini
- 350 grams of minced meat
- 1 small onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 200 ml of hot water
- 1/2 vegetable stock cube
- Salt and pepper for seasoning
That's how it works:
- Mix the hot water and the vegetable stock cubes together to make a concentrated stock.
- Clean the vegetables, cut the mushrooms into slices and the peppers and zucchini into cubes. Finely chop the onion and garlic.
- Fry the minced meat in a pan with a little oil. Then add the onions and garlic.
- Then take everything out of the pan and fry the vegetables.
- Add the minced meat and onion mixture again and deglaze with the vegetable stock. Simmer the mixture, stirring occasionally, until the liquid has evaporated.
- Then season with salt and pepper. Finished!
That can bring the 2-day diet
Intermittent fasting is always easier than strict hardcore diets - after all, you only have to do without two days and can eat normally on the remaining days.
Nutritionists are also positive about the 5: 2 diet: Intermittent fasting does not harm your health, it actually helps improve insulin sensitivity. That means: the body has to produce less insulin in order to bring the blood sugar to a normal level after a meal. This can lower the risk of diabetes, high blood pressure, dementia and even some forms of cancer.
Before you start the 5: 2 diet, however, you should definitely speak to a doctor beforehand and have a health check carried out.
You might also be interested in:
The fasting check: What you should know about therapeutic fasting & Co.
Detox day: The turbo fasting cure to quickly feel good again
Lose Weight: 10 Fatal Diet Mistakes And How To Avoid Them (VIDEO)
Detoxify the body: delicious recipes for the day of fasting
Healthier and fewer calories: these are the best alternatives to sugar
- What are the best mobile scanners
- Who created the Buddha
- What is the negative point of the dowry
- Our brain has always dreamed
- How does water flow on flat land
- Has the universe ever made a mistake before
- What is the Trojan horse in blockchain
- What types of generator excitation are there
- Why is electronic recycling important 1
- Is freelance good for freshmen
- Sleep trackers deliver actionable results
- How to treat avascular necrosis naturally
- Was Feynman an atheist
- What is the hottest industry right now
- What are the advantages of a mainframe
- How many HubSpot partners are there
- What is the adverb form of garbage
- What does Hanuman Chalisa mean
- What are the songs with incredible music
- What is the plural form of cow
- Why are you such a coward 2
- What is the best model tool
- Why does arbitrage occur
- Is it okay to feel okay?