What do Americans think of property tax?
Wealth tax: "Taxes us harder"
In an open letter, several wealthy US entrepreneurs have spoken out in favor of introducing a wealth tax. The initiators include billionaire George Soros, Facebook co-founder Chris Hughes as well as Disney heirs and the owners of the Hyatt hotel chain. They call on presidential candidates for the 2020 election to support a moderate wealth tax. "America has a moral, ethical and economic responsibility to tax our wealth more heavily," says the letter posted on the platform medium has been published.
Accordingly, a wealth tax can help tackle climate change, strengthen the economy and create equal opportunities. Polls showed that a majority supported a moderate wealth tax for the richest Americans, the authors write. Several of the Democratic presidential candidates have already spoken out in favor of a wealth tax.
The signatories refer, among other things, to the major investor Warren Buffet, who claims to be taxed lower than his secretary. They signal support for the wealth tax plans of some Democratic presidential candidates - including Senator Elizabeth Warren and Beto O'Rourke. But they also urge a non-partisan consensus.
The appeal bears the signatures of 18 signatories from eleven families and is additionally supported by another billionaire who wants to remain anonymous.
- What does jurisdiction mean
- What is the acronym ATQ
- What allows the FTC to impose fines?
- Kareena Kapoor is pregnant
- What constitutes a fugue in music
- How can jealousy and depression be treated?
- How can you develop self-control?
- Is RSS dead 1
- How is our soul
- Did you invent the metal shower rod
- Which is the best touring bike
- How can I get free astrological advice
- Can you briefly explain TensorFlow and Keras
- How do I get face recognition
- Is NIIT better
- How do I heal my pimple
- True love comes back
- What is the life of a USB stick
- What is a long position
- How did AI improve accessibility on the Internet
- What is parenting
- How did Miranda Sings get so popular
- Why do high school business classes suck
- Who is England's Trump