How much do your friends influence you
"Show me your friends and I'll tell you who you are." - that's what a Greek proverb says.
Your choice of friends reveals a lot about you. About your character, about your thinking, about your intentions. Our friends are like a mirror of ours, because “like and like like to join”.
But that's not the only reason. It is even more important that people around us influence us more than we suspect and think. We all look for role models and learn most through imitation. Because we tend to unconsciously imitate our role models.
“Dealing with the wise makes you wise, but whoever gets involved with fools is badly off.” Proverbs 13:20
“Dealing with wise makes you wise”. Those who want to develop themselves further, who want to learn, who want to become wiser, who want to grow spiritually, should look for friends who are role models for them. People he wants to be more like.
It is wise to find a mentor. It is wise to seek a mentor who is a great example to us as a Christian! It is of crucial importance who our role models are, because they can influence us positively or negatively!
“Do not be misled: bad company corrupts good morals!” 1 Cor. 15, 33. Some parents pay close attention to who the children make friends with at school. And that's absolutely right, because the best Christian upbringing can be broken by bad friends.
We should be vigilant about our children's friends for as long as possible! And we should be just as careful about our own "friends".
Take a moment. Go over your friendships in your mind. Is your friend a role model for you? Is he acting wisely? Is your friend god fearing? Do you really want to be like your friend !? If not, it's time to reconsider friendship! If your "friend" is godless and leads you away from God, then terminate the friendship!
“Get away from the stupid person! You don't hear anything clever from him. ”Proverbs 14: 7
Life on earth is far too short to deal with fake friends.
Yes, the Bible tells us to love all people! The Christians and the unbelievers! We want to do that too! We want to love our fellow human beings with all our strength and pray for them. Yet the Bible warns us about our relationships too!
Because bad company spoils good morals!
I wish you good friends!
- What is the number one sales enablement tool
- How to ripen grapes at home
- How do you open a can
- What is 78 2 10 8
- What if Russia destroys Ukraine
- How many Lyft drivers are there
- How do I create electrical potential energy
- Where do you see yourself in 2050
- What are good entry-level studio headphones
- The purpose of humanity is unconditional love
- In which films did Donald Trump act
- What does size mean to you
- What disappointed you about moving to Missouri
- What does a security architect do in the first place
- How can we prevent leprosy
- TIFF is a raw format
- Can cannabis help a stroke patient recover
- How is our soul
- What happened to Batman's buddy Robin
- Will aquaponics work in India?
- What is Herokus' business model
- Who was Rabindranath Thakur
- Is beauty goal
- What is the ticket sales for MLB