What is the set of received
Passive offset with get and belong
Passive offset with getn
Through the verb to get plus past participle, a passive meaning can be expressed.
[get + past participle = passive meaning]
If you look at the construction with to get plus participle II is converted into a passive clause, the nominative becomes a dative and the accusative becomes a nominative.
get + participle II: I got a package cleverly.
passive: I was a package cleverly.
get + participle II: The patient gets the food brought.
passive: The patient will the food broket.
Passive offset with receive
The verb to get one can also use the synonymreceive replace.
Example: get = received
get: i got a package cleverly.
received: i received a package cleverly.
Passive offset with Obtain
The replacement of get by get is colloquial, but it is widespread.
Example: get = received
get: i have a package get sent.
get (coll.): Me have a package got sent.
The use of the get passive
The get-passive is quite common in today's German and is often used instead of passive clauses with dative, when the dative (here: child) is to be named as the main subject of the sentence.
Active: The parents give the child a bicycle for Christmas.
Passive: The child is given a bicycle for Christmas.
Get-Passive: The child is given a bike for Christmas.
Passive offset with belong
Through the verb belong plus past participle can have a passive meaning with the modal verb have to or should be expressed.
belong + participle II: The bathroom belongs regularly cleaned.
Passive with modal verb: The bathroom must / should regularly getting cleaned.
belong + participle II: The House belongs urgent renovated.
Passive with modal verb: The House must / shoulde urgently to be renovated.
Back to the chapter: The passive voice
To the table of contents - German Grammar 2.0
- What is Johnny Burnette's most successful song
- What is the best audiophile transport
- What is currency risk aversion
- What is a casual restaurant business
- Why do public schools suck
- What is a conservative radio
- How much does music cost properly
- How is dating in Vancouver
- What is the fastest handwriting speed
- What is Sinus Syndrome
- What are some disturbing nursery rhymes
- Who was the worst person ever
- What is portlaoise men maximum security prison
- Is it worth learning German these days
- Are flight attendants paid for delays
- Why does capillary action occur in the soil?
- How can I get simplicity in life
- What are the new cool English words
- How many zeros are there in zero
- What brings a person to the shadow ban on Twitter
- What does 215
- What is the tallest prefabricated building
- What is time analysis and forecast
- Love Indians poetry