How do I use 7zip
Pack and unpack files with 7-Zip
Packers are programs that can reduce the storage requirements of data by using special compression algorithms. They are used wherever storage space or transfer volumes are to be saved.
This guide is only intended to explain to the beginner the basic steps of packing and unpacking files with 7-Zip (Open Source) on Windows.
Go to the 7-Zip website in your browser http://www.7-zip.org/ and click on the link labeled “Download”.
Click on the first download link on the 7-Zip.org download page.
The Sourceforge page (a huge storage location for open source projects) loads and offers multiple download mirrors for the requested file. Find the download server closest to you by clicking on the corresponding 'Download' link.
Save the file.
Pick a location for the file. The Windows 'desktop' is quite ok for this purpose. Then click on.
When the download is finished, start the file by clicking on 'Open'.
Alternatively, you can also open the file by double-clicking it on your desktop.
Select an installation folder (the suggested folder can usually be accepted) and click.
At the end of the installation, click.
Even if nothing is visible at first glance, 7-Zip is available as a compression program.
Unpack a zip archive
To unzip a zip archive, right-click on the .zip file. In the context menu that opens, select “7-Zip” and “Extract files”.
You can specify the storage location of the unzipped file (s) in the 7-Zip dialog mask. By default, the same location as the zip archive is suggested. Click and unzip the files.
The unzipped folder is in the same folder as the archive or on the desktop.
Pack a zip archive
To pack the folder you have just unpacked like a zip archive, rename it first to avoid file name conflicts.
Then click with the right mouse button on the folder to be packed / on the files to be combined into an archive and select “7-Zip” and “Add to archive” in the context menu.
By default, 7-Zip suggests its own archive format "7z". Since not every compression program supports this format, it is better to choose the "Zip" format (supported by all compression programs) and then click on.
The new zip archive is now in the same folder as the files that were just packed.
- What is 4 5 6 7 8
- Why we used a fan in SMPS
- How does technology affect art?
- Small towns really have local newspapers
- When do doctors perform an organ transplant
- What do mercury and aluminum do together
- Which engineering degree should I aim for?
- How do you rate banks
- How do we make out in the cinema
- Did King James write the Bible?
- How do I get Vladimir Putin's autograph
- What does a woman wear
- Can a trade graduate become a business analyst
- Consciousness can exist independently of the body
- What are the best free API offers
- Is the gas constant the same for all gases
- How does MYSPACE earn profit
- MIT is a party school
- Which artist sings the song physically
- How much does Amazon India charge sellers
- Runs your nose to your brain
- Who played masters in EDF
- How can I get monthly interest
- Can NodeMCU act as a web server