How can I be braver
Become bolder - with these 8 steps
There are situations in which you have to take a certain step but do not have the courage to do so. While you realize that the following act in Your interest or promotes your health, but postpone it until the last second. These situations can arise at work, for example when it comes to a promotion, or in everyday life when you have a toothache but cannot bring yourself to a visit to the dentist. Would you like for these cases get bolder? Then try the following steps ...
➠ Content: This is what awaits you
➠ Content: This is what awaits you
The cost of hesitation
All has its price. Also fear, hesitation and doubt. Most people first look for excuses and justifications in order not to have to take the necessary step (immediately). And the reasons put forward may sound smart and plausible at first.
But they cost. Every time we delay something, not only does it add to the guilty conscience and excitement. The fear also increases further. This is how some even come into being Phobias - like the one opposite to spiders. And last but not least, the self-doubt as to whether we can do anything at all.
What is often overlooked is that (indirect) costs for career and healththat regularly go hand in hand with procrastination.
Here are some examples:
- you have one foreign language learned and did not get a certificate because you never took the exam due to test anxiety. However, without proof of this, you cannot state your language skills on your résumé.
- You have been for quite some time Toothachebut terrible fear of going to the dentist. As soon as the pain becomes unbearable, you end up with the dental emergency service - the treatment is then much more complex and painful because the inflammation has spread.
- You didn't dare go to the boss and ask for a promotion. Now he chooses another candidatewho was braver.
Having courage does not mean that you no longer feel fear - the two are not mutually exclusive. What you need to act bolder is one more realistic picture of the future and the consequences of inaction. Those affected often exaggerate the risks of the action and overlook the much higher costs of waiting.
Become bolder - with these steps
If you want to get braver, you should do yours Reflect on the decision more realistically and calculate - and then act accordingly. determination can certainly be promoted - with these steps ...
Inhibition thresholds are blockages that arise from experiences, habits and high expectations. The first step will be difficult for you, it will probably require the most willpower on your way to become more courageous: To do this, focus only on the goal to which the step is supposed to lead - not on the fear of the consequences. So the inhibition thresholds decrease.
The mistrust of our abilities develops from situations in which our trust may have been disappointed, by other people or by oneself. It is a protective shield that serves to prevent others from getting too close to you. Motto: Those who have no expectations or who always assume the worst cannot be disappointed. Still, you should learn to trust yourself more - especially your own abilities. It is better to distrust your distrust, it is usually unfounded. This also reduces fear of the consequences and allows you to move more courageously towards your goal.
Become more independent
Without the fear of falling out of the ordinary, the existence of a social group would be unthinkable. We want to feel we belong - and thus also accepted by others. The other side of the coin is: We depend on the opinion of others. If this dependency gets out of hand, it blocks our courage. Every decision, every action is first passed through a kind of social filter: How will the others think of me then? But it is true: you can never please everyone anyway. Therefore, in order to become more courageous, learn and accept that there are always people who upset you and who may turn away from you. Incidentally, this also includes being able to say no.
Practice mind hygiene
Our world of thoughts massively determines our actions. For example, do you like to talk about “mega problems”, “catastrophic numbers”, “terrible disasters”? Not? Well. Because disasterspeaker are also disasterthinker. Such exaggerated XXL language creates a feeling of powerlessness all the more. Mark Aurel, Roman emperor and philosopher, already aptly formulated the principle: The happiness in life depends on the nature of your thoughts. Our life is the product of our thoughts.
Most of the time, perfectionism hides the need for applause, recognition and protection from abuse and shame - it is the attempt to do your best, which is motivated by external circumstances. Do not think in such terms Black and white categories - Just because something is not perfect, it doesn't have to be a total failure. Rather, it is precisely the many mistakes that characterize courageous people. Because you dare and undertake more, you will achieve more. Courage then comes even from the ability to learn from those mistakes.
Psychologists like to compare courage with a muscle: the more you train it, the stronger it becomes. Are you about to have an interview or a presentation and do you not speak so often in front of a large audience? Then start small first. Practice at home, let your friends and family listen, get used to the sound of your voice, then the audience. This will make you safer and reduce the fear of failure.
Use the 72-hour rule: You have to start everything you plan to do in the next 72 hours, otherwise the probability that you will take this step drops to one percent. Make an appointment with the dentist or the boss. If you want to have a serious conversation with a friend or family member, set up a meeting and go there - preferably as soon as possible so that you don't have to think about it and your determination doesn't wane.
Talking helps. If you are aware of the risks and consequences but still do not have the courage to take the first step, talk to someone about it. Explain your motives, speak your pros and cons out loud. Even if there is a risk that the interlocutor does not agree, expressing your motivation brings it to life. And you are braver yourself.
Other readers will also find these articles interesting
Nils Warkentin studied business administration at the Justus Liebig University in Giessen. On the career bible, he is devoted to topics related to studies, career entry and everyday office life.
- What does the acronym NAZI stand for?
- Is it boycotting Korean culture?
- Have you tried additional questions in ICSE
- Is it possible to buy Ahrefs
- How does a wireless charger work
- What do you learn in pharmacy school
- How is the special theory of relativity connected with spacetime?
- 1 is a value
- Why do children fail at physics and mathematics
- All women think the same thing 1
- Performs Courier Express international courier services
- What is your favorite font
- What is RE PIE Asset Management
- Can space explode?
- Which professional careers include art and computers
- What is the goal of coastal shipping
- Will influencer marketing replace advertising
- How do free iOS apps make money
- How do you sell a flawed product
- Juventus and Turin share a stadium
- What is a framed television
- Is Poker Baazi real
- What is vacuum distillation
- What birds in India lay blue eggs
- Would you invest in marijuana now
- What defects cause panic attacks
- How strong is a Category 2 hurricane
- What will people do after deleting upsssc
- Can I be buried vertically?
- Does the Koran incite violence?
- What is meant by GDR
- Why is it important to teach vocabulary
- Why are organic compounds insoluble in water
- Why are Indian roads so badly laid out?