What is half of Frac 70 70
Set up terms
In this article I would like to use a few examples to show how to convert (verbal) descriptions into the corresponding Terms.
Let's start with four very simple examples based on the terms total, difference, product and quotient:
|Sum of x and 11||x + 11|
|Difference between 7 and a||7 - a|
|Product of 3.1 and a||3.1 ⋅ a|
|Quotient of x and 5||x: 5 or|
One extends this procedure by using terms like double of ... or The half of … you can also transform the following descriptions into terms:
|3 times x, reduced by 2||3x - 2|
|3 times the difference x - 5||3 (x - 5)|
|Half of a, increased by 3||a + 3|
|Half of the sum x + 4||(x + 4)|
|Four times the sum x + 6||4 (x + 6)|
|The double of a, increased by 10||2a + 10|
After these basic examples we try to combine / nest such descriptions or terms:
|The product of the sum of x and 1 and the difference between 12 and a||(x + 1) ⋅ (12 - a)|
|Half of 3 times the sum of x and the 5th part of the difference between a and 2|
Now two examples, in which the setting up of terms in a Word problem occurs:
Mr. Schubert pays a basic fee of € 60 for a rental car and € 15 for every kilometer driven. Write the costs for x km as a term.
Solution: 60 € + 0.15⋅x €
For a taxi ride, Ms. Bauer pays € 0.75 for every kilometer driven and a basic fee of € 1.70. Write a term for a x km trip and calculate the costs for a 15 km trip.
Solution: 1.70 € + 0.75⋅x €
1,70 € + 0,75⋅15 € = 1,70 € + 11,25 € = 12,95 €
- Can the deaf study abroad
- Is everything that the law indicates is correct
- Who made the pencil?
- What is democratic legitimacy
- What Happens When You Eat Green Mold
- Why do people withdraw
- Can calculate tianhe 2 9 9 9
- What jobs can a computer scientist do
- What is prague
- Tube jeans die off
- Why are there no pointers in Python
- What can a 1991 Mazda Miata do?
- What does red leather, yellow leather mean
- Who is the Aston Villa Manager
- How do I check if there are government agencies
- What does the geocaching app do
- Why is God desperate for worshipers
- Why is Lord Krishna called Gopal
- Is excursions are given in the Sastra University
- What is physical geography
- Which is the laziest Indian state
- Luke Skywalker had children
- How should I deal with the French
- Why is my portable charger not charging?