Is deleting IAS that difficult
Red Hat Server minimal installation
I've been searching the web and one solution seems to be making a kickstart script that will intall only the necessary packages. But I find this difficult and have several doubts about how to maintain the system dependencies afterwards.
Making a kickstart file isn't that difficult: look in / root of one of your installed servers for a file called anakonda-ks.cfg. This is a kickstart file to make a new server look like the existing server. Every RH, Fedora, or CentOS server has this file.
You can edit the file in system-config-kickstart if you are unfamiliar with writing kickstart files. For that you need X.
How do you install minimal Red Hat servers? Is it Ok to use kickstart or will I have dependency problems in the installation or in updates? Is there any way to avoid installing the graphical environment for iAS?
All goes well with a kickstart file. Kickstart affects the type of update after installation. Dependencies are calculated automatically during installation. Packages that you removed (if at all possible) that are still needed are added. You can't have a system with broken dependencies for the system to install. However, dependencies for Oracle are a completely different matter.
If Oracle needs a graphical environment (and yes, I know it sucks, but it does) you have no choice but to install X. however, Oracle needs X because it has a graphical installer. You don't need an X after that. So after the installation you can remove X.
We only install very few X libraries in my shop, btw. Just enough to run xclock (and thus the installer) remote to be executed with X forwarding. That's enough.
Oracle has more crazy dependencies. The Oracle installer requires some old C library compatible packages. Not because they are actually needed, but because the ZIP implementation they deliver needs them. Why is the ZIP implementation shipped? Rumor has it, that the very old zip implementation Oracle ships have more favorable licensing terms (as in: it's not GPL'ed) so they refuse to use a newer implementation. Just rumors, I never heard confirmation ...
- What is the Schumanns frequency
- Children still play in sandboxes
- Why does water help you lose weight
- What is objectivist philosophy research
- How should I talk to girls
- Why do measurements motivate people to perform?
- Why are codons needed
- Why do people think Mr Robot is great
- What is the nutritional profile of crickets
- What causes hybridization
- What is 1 4 of 1 4
- Should robots be designed like humans
- Avoidance can be good
- What is 10 10 10 14
- What are some traditions of Sri Lanka
- Gatorade is decaffeinated
- How to clean a wooden guitar
- What is Einstein's theory of local realism
- How Can You Make Subliminals Work Faster?
- Are you the hunter or the hunted
- Who is the strongest orc in WOW
- How can I start learning marketing
- What is the national food of Israel
- Are the GPS trackers waterproof?
- What is the depth of the foot
- Emotions are chemicals and hormones
- Are wrinkled potatoes safe to eat?
- Is BitCoin compatible with Fractional Reserve Banking
- How old is the Danish royal family
- This classic car is worth it
- Are SIDS and sleep apnea related
- What are the best language productivity apps
- Why is the resurrection of Jesus so important
- Why is my Wii controller not working