How do I make golden retrievers fat
Again and again you come across overweight golden retrievers. It is well known that this breed
likes and especially eats everything. That is why the weight of the dog is all the more important
to keep under control. This is particularly the case with the young, adolescent Golden Retriever
maintaining the ideal weight is an unavoidable "task"
Because being overweight causes considerable damage to the joint apparatus and shortens life expectancy !!!
You should value the right nutrition even with puppies. Overfed puppies grow too quickly because the maximum growth is achieved, not the optimal one. If you have your dog from an early age correct feed, he will have fewer health problems later.
How do you know if your dog is overweight?
Stand over your dog and look from above to see if you can see a “waist”. In normal-weight dogs, the part of the body behind the chest is significantly slimmer.
- Place both palms on the right and left of your dog's rib cage. You should be able to feel the ribs by now, but they shouldn't be sticking out.
- If you can't feel the ribs, then in all likelihood your dog is overweight. Such dogs often have pronounced fat pads in the groin area between the last rib and the hind legs.
Why Your Dog Should Lose Weight
Obesity also leads to a shorter life expectancy in dogs. The dogs with extra pounds are less robust and more susceptible to diseases of all kinds. And should an operation or anesthesia be necessary, they are exposed to an increased risk because they usually also have circulatory problems. Bones and joints are put under strain from the extra weight. Osteoarthritis (chronic disease of the joints) can develop and worsen. Overweight dogs are uncomfortable because they are not fit. They move sluggishly and are restricted in playing and romping about.
Obesity is definitely dangerous for your dog. And restricts his zest for life enormously. You can and must do something about it!
These problems can cause obesity in your dog:
- Restricted mobility not least due to joint problems such as osteoarthritis, hip dysplasia, and spinal column problems
- Heart, circulatory diseases
- Decreased stamina
- Liver disease
- Diabetes mellitus
- Increased risk during surgery and anesthesia
- Heat intolerance
- Bad condition of skin and fur
- Decreased resistance to infectious diseases
- Difficulty breathing
Why do dogs get overweight?
When dogs move too little and also eat too much, obesity is just one of them
Question of time. The calories your dog does not use in their daily activities are directly converted into fat.
Often it is not excessive amounts of food that lead to obesity, but rather the wrong food that we offer our dog.
It is not uncommon for dogs to get table scraps. Usually they are too fat. You also lose track of how much your dog really eats during the day. If you are consistent and stop feeding at the table, your dog will also stop begging.
Snacks and treats are usually high in calories. If you reward your dog with it, you should deduct this from the regular meal.
Here's how to help your dog lose weight
Above all, losing weight means that your dog has to exercise more and eat fewer calories in the process. You can reduce its usual food, but it is better to switch to a low-calorie food that your dog can eat more of. In addition, FdH reduces not only the calories, but also the vitamins and minerals, than only feeding half, and that should be avoided. He then feels more saturated and will not ask for more. Your vet can give you tips and recommend specific diets, but success will depend on them and the other family members. Only they can ensure that your dog really only consumes and loses the recommended amount of calories.
It takes some effort, energy, and consistency, but it should be worth the effort.
You will be amazed how lively and agile your slim, four-legged friend will be.
- Have you ever eaten a shark
- How is the relationship between Thanos and Ronan
- What's the oldest song you love
- Should I choose an online portfolio?
- Is Symphonica a diphthong or a monophthong
- Why is democracy useful to us?
- Who is better than Neymar or Mbappe
- Do men really want monogamy
- Can celiac disease be reversed
- How can I calculate a stock split
- Why are fountain pens making a comeback?
- Who are the users of statistics
- Why is a stone stuck
- LED is passive or active cool
- Are bonobos and chimpanzees genetically different
- Who is an expert in programming
- Why does God make good people suffer
- How does she make tea
- Are Pete Buttigieg's political plans realizable?
- What is a car wash
- What is amorphous substance
- Why choose a camera tripod
- What do you think of Akshay Khanna
- Has passed change in 1225 to s 744