Why do I have crazy dreams
Psychology: What dreams reveal about ourselves
Dreams have always fascinated mankind - regardless of their nationality, many people around the world hold the view that dreams contain encoded truths about themselves and their environment.
Many sleep and dream research experts also agree: Dreams reflect everyday experiences, they claim. The things that are important to us also appear in dreams, explains Prof. Michael Schredl from the Central Institute for Mental Health in Mannheim.
But in the morning after waking up, many people are initially very confused. Because the nocturnal images from the mental cinema initially only make limited sense - sometimes they appear completely meaningless.
No wonder, because the connection between dreams and real everyday experiences can rarely be seen directly - for that, the dreamers have to look a little deeper. “It's not about the images themselves, but about the basic patterns,” explains the psychologist.
It describes, for example, a person's strengths and weaknesses, their abilities. These basic patterns are recognizable in the dream: What tasks do you have in the dream, how do you act? "The guardian personality, the experience is reflected in the dream," says Schredl.
Dreams are feelings in moving pictures
For Brigitte Holzinger, feelings play a crucial role in dreaming. "Dreams are feelings in moving pictures," she says. Holzinger heads the Institute for Consciousness and Dream Research in Vienna and has published several books on the subject. Strong feelings are the engine of the dream, she explains. However, they are not a one-to-one representation of what has been experienced. "They are often surreally modified."
However, if you deal with dreams and learn to read them, you can evaluate the feelings from the night and grow from them, says Holzinger. "The dream is something like a little psychotherapy."
- In what century did Gurukul begin
- How much is little sleep
- Did the Q continuum evolve from humans?
- MovieStarPlanet VIP is an unsafe purchase
- Can meditation really help reduce stress?
- What are some sample codes for blockchain
- What are the best companies for continuous integration
- How do I become independent at 18
- Do you need fixed games
- Where does the word Bangla come from
- Why should people vote for Donald Trump
- Is psychology good for PCB students
- How do I charge Sony wireless headphones
- Can we cure computers?
- Science How is a thermocouple calibrated
- What is the tensile strength of wood
- Who is the top actor from Assam
- Why are medical students depressed
- Can lead oxide be reduced by hydrogen
- Should I study mechatronic or genetic
- Can Arteta revive the badly damaged arsenal
- What does it mean the more you know
- In which environments do bacteria live
- Passive reading improves your spelling